Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-23-2020, 08:20 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlantedRich View Post
So we have the classic situation here.
We have Eheim who is pretty well known as a long term success in the field of filters and they set limits on what height works best for their filters. On the other hand we have a low level, somewhat experienced hobbyist who says it doesn't matter!
So we get to choose whose advice to follow???
When I see the hobby fellow come up with a filter proving he knows more than Eheim, I will change my mind but for now, I'm blowing him off!

I suggest checking the manual for proper operation!
The funny thing is, I mentioned the "head height" simply because the manufacturer stated their recommendation and I didn't know if Chizpa had it a position that put it "out of spec", so to speak. It was simply a manufacturer specification that I wanted to confirm, to eliminate it as a possible point of failure. This was before I realized that I had been following their journal, and after putting two and two together, I ruled that out as a possible cause. That should have been the end of it, but it seems that people really, really take issue with "head height" here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-23-2020, 11:40 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlantedRich View Post
So we have the classic situation here.
We have Eheim who is pretty well known as a long term success in the field of filters and they set limits on what height works best for their filters. On the other hand we have a low level, somewhat experienced hobbyist who says it doesn't matter!
Yes, we have a very classic situation here: a physics-illiterate forum yap-yap-yapper who obviously has serious issues with "Reading & Understanding 101", not even mentioning the understanding of basic physics. One that can't be bothered to even make an effort to read what's been said (!), but still willing to spend time to leave his "mark" in the thread.

Both me and other members of this forum provided a very precise, clear and easily understandable explanation of why canister filters do have a height limitation. Moreover, a link to a fairly good article was provided, which, albeit not perfect, did a sufficiently good job explaining the same. Not even mentioning that the proper keywords were provided multiple times, which'd allow one to self-educate themselves on this matter in a matter of, say, one or two hours (five, if your basic education is American).

But no. He didn't bother to read. Instead, he "classic situationed" us: he dumped into this forum a standard-issue one liner, in which he attempted to pull a rather and lousy populist trick: pretend as if someone here is supposedly trying to argue with Eheim. When in actual reality everything we said here agrees 100% with what Eheim says. (Eheim, of all manufacturers, is usually pretty good with physics in their manuals.)

But... you know... it takes all kinds.

Last edited by AndreyT; 06-23-2020 at 11:57 PM. Reason: spelling
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-24-2020, 03:03 AM
Obsessed? Maybe

PTrader: (501/100%)
If you folks want to be jackasses, that's fine. Do it somewhere else.

There's zero reason to insult forum members. Even if you think they're yap-yap-yappers, fools, et al.

Sorry, OP, but I'm locking the thread. If you still need assistance, please begin a new thread. Leaving this one intact so other forum members are able to see how people behaved.
sm1ke and moke like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|
|
|

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode