CO2 pressurized system, builders unite! - Page 3 - The Planted Tank Forum
 26Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-08-2020, 02:22 PM
Captain

PTrader: (1/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettatail View Post
Put this together yesterday, I think it is the best parts I can find for a brass co2 system.

I finally located a 0.52 watt Parker Hannifin series 9 solenoid, it is the brass version though, so have to build this brass version co2 system with a brass Brooks instrument NRS metering valve(another rare find, a series one NRS metering valve with digital counter handle).

this style can be copied with the ideal series 2 angle pattern needle valve and manifold mounted clippard solenoid(which are both available on the evil bay). The key to make the brass system look good is to polish the brass until mirror shine.

If you ship it too me I can put a beautiful mirror finish on it

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

- GreggZ Tank Parameters
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-08-2020, 04:25 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (89/98%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal1 View Post
If you ship it too me I can put a beautiful mirror finish on it
To find the good parts and build it, is much more fun. if you decide to build, I will be a volunteer in the TPT CO2 task force to help you building a new one
Immortal1 likes this.

Canon Pimp Club #17
post #33 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-08-2020, 06:41 PM
Captain

PTrader: (1/100%)
Quote:
To find the good parts and build it, is much more fun. if you decide to build, I will be a volunteer in the TPT CO2 task force to help you building a new one
Thank-you. I currently have one of Flowerfish's gems. Of course it has been modified a bit...
Originally:
Rare Victor HPT160 nickle plated dual stage regulator
Burkert 200a 4W solenoid (two)
Swagelok 21 Series Metering Valve (two)

I have since changed the fittings to stainless Swagelok. The gauges were changed out to a slightly smaller series with more appropriate ranges (regulator is always set at 20psi).

And now the Whitey's are fitted to the outputs of the Porter flow meters (two) as I was not thrilled with the sensitivity of the Porter valves.

- GreggZ Tank Parameters

post #34 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-09-2020, 10:34 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (54/98%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal1 View Post
Thank-you. I currently have one of Flowerfish's gems. Of course it has been modified a bit...
Originally:
Rare Victor HPT160 nickle plated dual stage regulator
Burkert 200a 4W solenoid (two)
Swagelok 21 Series Metering Valve (two)

I have since changed the fittings to stainless Swagelok. The gauges were changed out to a slightly smaller series with more appropriate ranges (regulator is always set at 20psi).

And now the Whitey's are fitted to the outputs of the Porter flow meters (two) as I was not thrilled with the sensitivity of the Porter valves.

The hpt160 is very rare. A custom dual output for you. after your modification, it would be look great. show some pictures.
Immortal1 likes this.
post #35 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-09-2020, 11:39 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)

Victor HPT-160D 3000 PSIG Regulator

"A man with a watch knows what time it is. A man with two watches is never sure"
post #36 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-10-2020, 02:50 AM
Wannabe Guru

I've got my old 1950's Victor lump. It needs some work as it was originally a old HeliArc welder regulator on Argon. First plan is to find a CG340 stem for the reg body.

What is an economical solenoid and needle valve combo? My injection plan is to very low pressure stream into the suction side of one of the circulation powerheads. I am not really wanting to run high CO2 levels, just 10 to 15 ppm.

Starting small, keeping it simple..(?)
250 gallon stock tank, "pond"
20 gallon H CBS Shrimp tank

post #37 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-10-2020, 02:58 AM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrampsGrunge View Post
I've got my old 1950's Victor lump. It needs some work as it was originally a old HeliArc welder regulator on Argon. First plan is to find a CG340 stem for the reg body.

What is an economical solenoid and needle valve combo? My injection plan is to very low pressure stream into the suction side of one of the circulation powerheads. I am not really wanting to run high CO2 levels, just 10 to 15 ppm.

Easiest...

https://www.diyco2regulator.com/co2-...body-kit-1-12v
https://www.diyco2regulator.com/cga-320-nut-nipple

"A man with a watch knows what time it is. A man with two watches is never sure"
post #38 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-10-2020, 03:23 AM
Wannabe Guru

I don't do crypto money Is this the only way to buy from them?

post #39 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-10-2020, 03:53 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (54/98%)
Quote:
this is the deal.

https://www.plantedtank.net/forums/1...body-kits.html
post #40 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-10-2020, 04:09 AM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:

No it's just another payment type, not the only..

Sadly the Fabco component is out of stock.. so not available atm anyways.

post #41 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-10-2020, 04:15 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:

what is the model number of your victor regulator? is it a double stage?
If you are on a budget and the look of the co2 system is not a top priority, I might show you something that will work and work well from the evil bay, but you must have the tools and handy hands, to put together the parts yourself.

BTW, the old victor brass regulator will look really good if you do a good work polish it.

Canon Pimp Club #17
post #42 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-10-2020, 04:43 AM
Planted Tank Guru

https://aquariumplants.com/ideal-needle-valve/

Retail replacement for the Fabco.. only better (It should be right.. )

Useable, not nearly as precise as the 52-1.. but a lot cheaper..
https://www.radwell.com/en-US/Buy/IDEAL/IDEAL/52-2-11

Quote:
Ideal valve 52(brass)/54(stainless steel)--2 series, Part number 52-2-*, 54-2-*
Orifice: 0.0625"
Cv: 0.082 (at 20 turn, 22-24 turn full open)

post #43 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-10-2020, 04:54 AM
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
what is the model number of your victor regulator? is it a double stage?
If you are on a budget and the look of the co2 system is not a top priority, I might show you something that will work and work well from the evil bay, but you must have the tools and handy hands, to put together the parts yourself.

BTW, the old victor brass regulator will look really good if you do a good work polish it.
It has a Union Carbide made, ball-bearing indicator Cubic Foot per Hour flow meter with built in metering valve.

It's old enough that it looks like it was made in the 1950's, w/ green painted main body shell and brass metal face and rear dome/nut. Printed in raised lettering cast around the bezel of the front face, "VICTOR WELDING EQUIPMENT CO. SAN FRANCISCO CALIF"

I don't think it will polish up well as the biggest raw brass parts are the front bezel, "T" handle and rear acorn nut and it's got a lot of patina. I like this level of patina, it matches the use and scratches of the original green paint of the main body. This Argon TIG torch regulator is from a welder my father owned that I think he ended up with when mustered out of his job with Allied Petroleum in 1950, the welder looks like late 1940's tech.

Looks to me like a dual stage regulator. It must weigh at least 10 pounds if not more. It's pretty steam punk. Big ornate cast brass "T" handle for the pressure regulation. I'll try to get an image of it here.

Last edited by GrampsGrunge; 05-10-2020 at 05:17 AM. Reason: ....
post #44 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-10-2020, 05:00 AM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
It has a Union Carbide made, ball-bearing indicator Cubic Foot per Hour flow meter with built in metering valve.

It's old enough that it looks like it was made in the 1950's, w/ green painted main body shell and brass metal face and rear dome/nut. Printed in raised lettering cast around the bezel of the front face, "VICTOR WELDING EQUIPMENT CO. SAN FRANCISCO CALIF"

Looks to me like a dual stage regulator. It must weigh at least 10 pounds if not more. It's pretty steam punk. Big ornate cast brass "T" handle for the pressure regulation. I'll try to get an image of it here.

This one..
https://www.letgo.com/en-us/i/vintag...2-312842f4e4be

post #45 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-10-2020, 05:04 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

may be a victor VTS450, let's wait for the picture.

the flow meter and the valve on it, will not be used, they can not handle single digit sccm flow rate well.

Bump:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffkrol View Post
that is really antique! look like a single stage to me though, I have never deal with it before, but the dome in the back looks like the alternated inlet port cover.

Bump:
Quote:
Originally Posted by flowerfishs View Post
The hpt160 is very rare. A custom dual output for you. after your modification, it would be look great. show some pictures.
never have luck to get a hpt160, is it exactly the same spec as sgt160, only the different regulator body material?

Canon Pimp Club #17

Last edited by Bettatail; 05-10-2020 at 05:16 AM. Reason: add

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode