Serious Fluval Customer Service Issues - Need New Filter Suggestions - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-14-2020, 06:54 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)
Serious Fluval Customer Service Issues - Need New Filter Suggestions

Hi all,

I have a 75 gallon planted tank with CO2 injection. Been running it for years, probably close to 10 now. The first 2-3 years I used an old Marineland Magnum and then I upgraded to two Fluval 406's. The 406's recently developed a microbubble spitting issue, a real problem with a planted CO2 tank. Spent about $200 replacing all the impellers, valves, gaskets, primers, tubing, etc. Still had the issue. Fluval told me tough luck. Fine. I went and bought a new Fluval FX6. It makes a horrendous buzzing noise while it runs. Empty, full, whatever, it buzzes. Fluval told me their products are not meant to be run with anything inline and essentially told me to go screw. Fine. I am done with Fluval.
So, that being said, I am packing up my new FX6 and taking it back to the store.

Anyone have any suggestions on what canister filter to use in place of anything from Fluval?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-14-2020, 07:14 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
Eheim every day and twice on Sunday.

I have their 2213 and 2217 and LOVE both. I believe they make a size similar to the fx6 and label it as a pond filter but I donít remember itís name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fraternity of Dirt #165
CR500 Rider, RIDE RED
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-14-2020, 07:20 PM
snails are your friend

PTrader: (13/100%)
I'd also go with Eheim. I must say though, your customer experience with Fluval is much different than most people report. Wonder if they suspected that your micro bubbles were from CO2, you got a bad rep or what? They are (used to be, anyway) typically are known for good CS.

Nothing good happens fast in an ecosystem.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-14-2020, 07:29 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Ridge Reef View Post
I'd also go with Eheim. I must say though, your customer experience with Fluval is much different than most people report. Wonder if they suspected that your micro bubbles were from CO2, you got a bad rep or what? They are (used to be, anyway) typically are known for good CS.
moderator edit flat out said their products will not work with anything inline and that if I wanted the buzzing to go away, I needed to remove my CO2 reactor.

That just ain't gonna happen. It ran FINE for years. Also told me that any other kind of bio media other than Bio Max will cause microbubbles and that if there is anything other that what came in the package in the filter, that it will cause bubbles.... They just REALLY pissed me off. I hate poor service, hate it, and will not support a company that doesn't understand how to speak with a customer.

Last edited by somewhatshocked; 02-14-2020 at 08:52 PM. Reason: moderator edit
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-14-2020, 08:08 PM
snails are your friend

PTrader: (13/100%)
That's too bad. If by chance you got her name I can ask my Hagen rep about her. I get that these companies must be overwhelmed when they get calls from people who aren't using their product as it comes out of the box, and most CS folks aren't hobbyists themselves (though I could argue they should be). I even understand if warranties are voided from any altering, but there's no reason to take a nasty tone or assume that all problems are a direct result of you not using solely their products. They need to understand that a ton of their customer base take their aquariums farther than their product lines allow. I run CO2 off of Fluval canisters myself.

Nothing good happens fast in an ecosystem.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode