Building a post body - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-13-2020, 05:51 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)
Building a post body

I had planned to buy a Post Body Kit from Diyco2regulators.com, but they are out of some of the pieces and have not responded to any emails responding restock times. So I'm moving on.

It looks like I can buy the needle valve direct from Fabco, and the solenoid and body direct from Clippard. I presume I can source all the connectors at a hardware store. Is there a simpler approach than this? Anyone else that sells kits, or a good known online site for buying it all at once? I was trying to avoid multiple orders, but I'm not sure it is possible.

Or do I just wait and buy the new dual stage setup for 150 that CO2Art is teasing??

Thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-13-2020, 06:57 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)
Good deals can often be found on ebay for parts...

Also, the For Sale section here is good from time to time. Check FS posts around Jan 15th or so for post body kits ,and there's a decent amount of complete regulators floating around too

92% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-13-2020, 10:25 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cale42 View Post
I had planned to buy a Post Body Kit from Diyco2regulators.com, but they are out of some of the pieces and have not responded to any emails responding restock times. So I'm moving on.

It looks like I can buy the needle valve direct from Fabco, and the solenoid and body direct from Clippard. I presume I can source all the connectors at a hardware store. Is there a simpler approach than this? Anyone else that sells kits, or a good known online site for buying it all at once? I was trying to avoid multiple orders, but I'm not sure it is possible.

Or do I just wait and buy the new dual stage setup for 150 that CO2Art is teasing??

Thanks!!
"I" don't know of any other store like DIY as to parts..but ???
As long as you stick to the 1/8.. 1/4NPT stuff most small brass pats can be had at any decent plumbing store..

you can dig through Radwell for some of this stuff metering and solenoids but they have $50 min order..
Shipping's tolerable. not for small npt stuff but can find tube fittings IF you find you need to go that route. i.e too good of a metering valve to pass up.

"A man with a watch knows what time it is. A man with two watches is never sure"

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-13-2020, 10:45 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (90/98%)
search evilbay for ideal valve 211727 or Swagelok Nupro B-2MA2, you can find series 2 ideal valve and swagelok m series metering valves.

and as Jeffkrol mention, Radwell is the source as well, there is one burkert solenoid that available from radwell on evilbay, search "BURKERT EASY FLUID CONTROL SYS 456782T".

both the metering valve and the solenoid are 1/8 npt ports.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Canon Pimp Club #17
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-16-2020, 03:43 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)
Thanks for all the helpful replies!

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode