What type of inflow and outflow are people using for 22 gallon long tanks? - The Planted Tank Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By DaveKS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-07-2020, 01:10 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
What type of inflow and outflow are people using for 22 gallon long tanks?

I have a lily pipe outflow and the surface skimmer inflow in my 22 gallon long. They are both placed on the left side in opposite corners. Is this ideal?

I ask because I have a pretty terrible dead spot between the two pipes against the left glass wall and cant figure out how to get flow there. Plants won't grow there.

What are other people using in these tanks?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-10-2020, 08:23 PM
Wannabe Guru

Yea, that tulip is pretty much worthless by time it travels across a 35” tank and runs straight into other wall. Get a pair of flare nozzle, a Y and split your canister into a front and back flow, you only need about 100gph in each direction to kill dead spots in that tank.

When that nozzle top left goes across tank and hits front glass it will make a downswell in that corner as well as sweep current down tank left to right. The other nozzle back right will push debris down back wall right to left and to canister intake. Nice thing on those flare nozzles is when you line the slot up vertical you can make them do surface ripple at top as well as sweep a current down low.

https://www.amazon.com/SEACHOICE-50-...a-567234975809

https://www.amazon.com/Multipurpose-...s%2C187&sr=8-6
stevewb likes this.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-10-2020, 08:34 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddrizzle View Post
dead spot between the two pipes against the left glass wall and cant figure out how to get flow there. Plants won't grow there.

What are other people using in these tanks?
What kind of filter are you using? If you have a regular canister I find it hard to believe co2 and ferts aren't getting everywhere.

In my current 36" tank (in sig) I have one lily pipe on the left wall near the front glass and the intake on the same wall. The co2 in-tank diffuser is on the right wall opposite the lily pipe. I'm only running a Eheim 2213 and I have no issues. My drop checker on the opposite side of the tank is lime green within an hour.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode