OASE Indoor Aquatics Biomaster canister filter? Anyone got one? - The Planted Tank Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Quint

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-31-2020, 02:51 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)
Send a message via AIM to talontsiawd
OASE Indoor Aquatics Biomaster canister filter? Anyone got one?

I saw these in a thread, then got a closer look at my old LFS when I was out in my old neighborhood. I thought these were very interesting. The prefilter setup and the ability to use a heater really appeal to me. I currently have an Eheim 2215 which has always been loud, since new, and an Ecco 2234. Right now, I have them on the same tank.

I was wondering how these compare. Design wise, they seem much easier to deal with maintenance. I was curious about the quality. What size would be equivalent to a 2217? Does anyone know the tubing size of each?

-Matt

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-31-2020, 03:46 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)
Ive got the oase 350 but have never had the eheims. I believe according to suggested flow rate the 2217 falls between the oase 250 and 350.

I had a fluval 307 prior to the oase 350 so cant give input on comparison to eheim. The oase 350 flows less then the 307 from what I can tell but is quieter. Both decently easy to clean but the oase is easier. Large part of that is due to I have a intake pre filter sponge on it so I clean that once a week and clean the internal prefilter sponges about once every 3 weeks. Makes it pretty quick and painless.

I have the internal trays filled with bottom tray leftover fluval bio media, upper 4 trays filled with lava rock, and top tray sponge is still in place. I checked it all after about 2 months I think it was and it was all in decently clean shape so the pre filters are working well. Will probably clean the bio media here next week, and some purigen and maybe fine filter batten to top tray replacing the current sponge.

There are a few mods people do to it to increase flow a bit but in my situation it works great. The latches are good and solid and it comes with a flow control valve built into the return piping where it goes over tank lip. The handle on the top is surprisingly nice/convenient, didnt think I would care much but I actually like that addition.

Just my experience and didnt even answer your questions lol. I would buy another one if I needed another canister filter.
ipkiss likes this.

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-01-2020, 07:38 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)
Send a message via AIM to talontsiawd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quint View Post
Just my experience and didnt even answer your questions lol. I would buy another one if I needed another canister filter.
That was actually really helpful.

-Matt

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode