• 1 Post By minorhero

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-21-2020, 05:52 AM Thread Starter
rtm
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Lightbulb 3D printed mounts for aquascaping tools

Hi everyone!

While my dry start grows in, I have designed a few 3D printed aquascaping tool mounts. These allow me to keep my tools mounted neatly inside my aquarium cabinet door.

Here's photos, and here are the Thingiverse links for the STL files:

Let me know what you think!

Here's a link to the Thingiverse Aquascaping group: https://www.thingiverse.com/groups/aquascaping
ipkiss likes this.

Last edited by rtm; 01-21-2020 at 06:41 PM. Reason: fixed title
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-21-2020, 02:34 PM
Wannabe Guru

I love 3d printed stuff used for this hobby.

Sadly I can't see any of it yet (not rendered yet on the webiste?) but its a spiffy idea all the same.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-21-2020, 06:40 PM Thread Starter
rtm
Algae Grower

I added photos to Thingiverse. Here's a gallery on imgur: https://imgur.com/a/l10XPPx

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-21-2020, 07:09 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Very nice work. Do you sell printed copies?
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-21-2020, 07:51 PM
Wannabe Guru

Pretty spiffy!

That CO2 reactor is a new design for me. Did you make it up or are you using someone elses design? Would definitely be interested in knowing how it works.

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-21-2020, 07:55 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)
@rtm, any chance you have a Fluval Plant 3.0 Nano? I would love to get a 3D-printed mount that fits rimmed tanks. I have a couple that are too narrow for the wide versions of the lights.

Cheers
evil8 likes this.

Style: Organic potting soil, sand, gravel, wood, plants, moss, algae, biofilm, snails, shrimp, small fish, dual siestas
Tech : Small tanks, Fluval Plant 3.0 Nano, Top Fin MF10, Eheim Skim 350, Tunze 3161, Neptune Apex EL
Tanks:
|
|
|
|
|

Media:
|
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-22-2020, 11:30 PM Thread Starter
rtm
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by minorhero View Post
Pretty spiffy!

That CO2 reactor is a new design for me. Did you make it up or are you using someone elses design? Would definitely be interested in knowing how it works.
I combined Tom Barr's double venturi design with a simple Rex Griggs design. Actually, it's a combination CO2 reactor and inline heater to save space. The heater is in the very bottom and the reactor is the top part. It's one tube. I made the upper part clear PVC so I could see ift here is a gas buildup inside. There will be bioballs inside, but I haven't received my rigid air tubing yet, so it's not finished.

Bump:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetwise View Post
@rtm, any chance you have a Fluval Plant 3.0 Nano? I would love to get a 3D-printed mount that fits rimmed tanks. I have a couple that are too narrow for the wide versions of the lights.

Cheers
Unfortunately, I don't have this light. I couldn't find any ready made designs for what you are attempting, either. Sorry!
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-22-2020, 11:38 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Do you have any tanks that could use one? I would be tempted to sponsor one for you or another 3D printing expert at this point. Maybe another forum member would chip in with me?

Style: Organic potting soil, sand, gravel, wood, plants, moss, algae, biofilm, snails, shrimp, small fish, dual siestas
Tech : Small tanks, Fluval Plant 3.0 Nano, Top Fin MF10, Eheim Skim 350, Tunze 3161, Neptune Apex EL
Tanks:
|
|
|
|
|

Media:
|
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-22-2020, 11:46 PM
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetwise View Post
Do you have any tanks that could use one? I would be tempted to sponsor one for you or another 3D printing expert at this point. Maybe another forum member would chip in with me?
Depending on how willing you are to play around with a new computer program you could build one yourself.

If you make the 3d model you can upload the design to https://www.shapeways.com/ and then have them print one off for you. I have done this before with other designs. It took me a pretty long time to make something in my chosen computer program but I just took it slow and eventually I had something I liked. Uploaded it, paid for it, and a little while later got the finished result in the mail. Pretty spiffy.
rtm likes this.

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-23-2020, 05:58 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Thanks. I actually have a MakerBot Replicator 2 in my office (at a school), but I don't know how to use it, and I'm not sure I have time to learn modeling software with all the IT stuff I have to keep up with.

Tanks:
|
|
|
|
|

Media:
|
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-24-2020, 06:14 PM
Algae Grower

I can model and print a set for you if you can send me a sketch Streetwise.

Tags
3d printing, tools

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode