Neo co2 diffuser - The Planted Tank Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-25-2019, 09:56 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Neo co2 diffuser

Hello all, I’m looking to purchase a neo diffuser for my 90 gallon tank. I just want to make sure that the largest size which I believe is 23mm, is big enough for my tank. Any suggestions? I really don’t don’t to do an online atomizer or a reactor set up. I’d much rather get the neo diffuser, I just want to make sure it will be enough for my 90 gallon. Need some help! Thanks! Happy Holidays!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-26-2019, 02:06 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Should be fine. Placed under lily pipe or spray bar to disperse. The fine co2 bubbles should help it spread around the tank with less loss to surface. I've run plenty of in-TANK diffusers on 4-ft tanks without issue. I honestly don't think they need alot of flow to disperse. ADA uses in-TANK on 6-ft setups.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2 Foot Rimless Tank - Under Construction

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-26-2019, 02:41 PM
Planted Member

Aquario just released a new version of the NEO diffuser, which looks pretty awesome. First, the elbow under the ceramic disk is much smaller. Second, the "Extended" version allows you to bend the pipe using a heat gun, so that you can custom fit it to your tank. It looks like it's available in Europe for now, but hopefully will be in the US soon, so you may want to wait.

My Tank Journal:

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-27-2019, 08:41 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidGambit View Post
Aquario just released a new version of the NEO diffuser, which looks pretty awesome. First, the elbow under the ceramic disk is much smaller. Second, the "Extended" version allows you to bend the pipe using a heat gun, so that you can custom fit it to your tank. It looks like it's available in Europe for now, but hopefully will be in the US soon, so you may want to wait.

Yes this is the one I just purchased..should be here tomorrow!!

Also, I’m looking to get a 5lb co2 tank and I was wondering if my single gauge DoubleSun regulator would be okay with that big of a tank?? It’s currently hooked up to a modified 20oz paintball co2 tank. I’m afraid the bigger tank might be too much pressure for the single gauge regulator...thoughts??
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-27-2019, 10:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Also, Iím looking to get a 5lb co2 tank and I was wondering if my single gauge DoubleSun regulator would be okay with that big of a tank?? Itís currently hooked up to a modified 20oz paintball co2 tank. Iím afraid the bigger tank might be too much pressure for the single gauge regulator...thoughts??
The pressuring the paintball and 5lb tanks will be about the same. So you paintball regulator will also work with the 5lb tank as long ab both tanks have the same type of fitting. If not you would need an adaptor to continue to use the paintball regulator.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-27-2019, 10:26 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surf View Post
Quote:
Also, I’m looking to get a 5lb co2 tank and I was wondering if my single gauge DoubleSun regulator would be okay with that big of a tank?? It’s currently hooked up to a modified 20oz paintball co2 tank. I’m afraid the bigger tank might be too much pressure for the single gauge regulator...thoughts??
The pressuring the paintball and 5lb tanks will be about the same. So you paintball regulator will also work with the 5lb tank as long ab both tanks have the same type of fitting. If not you would need an adaptor to continue to use the paintball regulator.
Thank you for the fast response. I already have the adapter for the 20oz paintball tank and it works great. I’m just looking to swap out the 20oz to put on my 40 breeder and get a 5lb tank for my bigger 90 gallon. This way I’m not making as many trips to get the 20oz filled. The 20 oz should last longer on the smaller 40G. My plan is to have to 20oz on my 40 and the 5lb on my 90. I’m sure down the road I will also get a 5lb for my 40 as well. My main concern was using the single gauge reg on the bigger 5lb tank. I have a 2nd single gauge reg coming tomorrow. Just want to make sure about it being okay with a 5lb tank. So I think I will go ahead and purchase a 5lb tank. Thank you
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-28-2019, 02:27 AM
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawfy989 View Post

Also, Iím looking to get a 5lb co2 tank and I was wondering if my single gauge DoubleSun regulator would be okay with that big of a tank?? Itís currently hooked up to a modified 20oz paintball co2 tank. Iím afraid the bigger tank might be too much pressure for the single gauge regulator...thoughts??
Did you manage to find someone that ships to the US? If so, please share.

My Tank Journal:
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-28-2019, 03:18 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidGambit View Post
Quote:

Did you manage to find someone that ships to the US? If so, please share.
The same brand as mentioned from above in the video and is sold on amazon. It shipped the same day as purchased and arrives tomorrow by the end of the day. It’s the Aquario brand (as seen in video).Sold by nilocg aquatics. Great price.
https://www.amazon.com/Aquario-Diffu...qua+neo&sr=8-2
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-28-2019, 03:59 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)
There is also a cheaper version which is more or less the same product that is offered on Amazon.
Large Diffuser

I've been using the small version of this product for 6-8 months now and it is still working perfect with a fine mist of Co2, no cleaning or anything has been required.
It does require about 35-40 working pressure to work properly however I would assume the neo diffuser also requires the same.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-28-2019, 08:58 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

So I just installed the neo diffuser and WOW!!! What a difference! The bubbles are almost microscopic! I have to admit when I first opened the box and saw it in person, I thought “ there is no way this thing is big enough for my 90.” It’s a little less then an inch in diameter for the large size, rated for 30G and up. But man o man, this thing really puts out an amazing mist. I had to crank down my bubbles a lot. This diffuser puts out way more bubbles and such a smaller size than my previous 2in glass diffuser. Another plus is that I know this one won’t get dirty as it doesn’t sit inside a glass dish. There is no way for anything to collect on it, to clog it. So far so good! I’m very pleased!
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-28-2019, 09:56 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)
Quote:
So I just installed the neo diffuser and WOW!!! What a difference! The bubbles are almost microscopic! I have to admit when I first opened the box and saw it in person, I thought “ there is no way this thing is big enough for my 90.” It’s a little less then an inch in diameter for the large size, rated for 30G and up. But man o man, this thing really puts out an amazing mist. I had to crank down my bubbles a lot. This diffuser puts out way more bubbles and such a smaller size than my previous 2in glass diffuser. Another plus is that I know this one won’t get dirty as it doesn’t sit inside a glass dish. There is no way for anything to collect on it, to clog it. So far so good! I’m very pleased!
It's pretty amazing, I went back to my "neo" diffuser after building a cerges reactor because after about 2 months of testing I was getting worse results from the reactor then I was just with the diffuser under my HOB. It also uses a lot less Co2 when compared to my reactor.

Overall from my personal experience I would only recommend the neo diffuser to anyone looking for a solution it's one of the best on the market.
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-30-2019, 04:21 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

So for some reason the bubbles on the neo diffuser aren’t coming out as much as they first did. The bubbles are still very very small but it’s not the heavy mist is once in day one. It’s only day three now! The bps is the same as when I first started with it, so idk what could be the problem. Any thoughts?
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-30-2019, 04:27 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Is the working pressure the same?

2 Foot Rimless Tank - Under Construction

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-30-2019, 05:14 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteroid View Post
Is the working pressure the same?
Yes everything is the same. I’ve only had up running for 2 days. Today is day 3. I noticed the drop off on day 2. Everything is the same. Something happened from when it was turned off over night. I know there should be water in it for the bubble counter, so I don’t think that is it because there is still air space at the top of the bubble counter. Maybe from being soaked all night long and not running air thru, the disc become more saturated with water? I mean don’t get me wrong, it still puts out a good mist, but not like it did when I first hooked it up. The mist was so thick I could barely see thru it. Maybe that’s too much anyway ha. So I’m not sure. I had to set up to come on a half hour before my hour long light ramp up begins. At about an hour of peak light, my drop checker was still a light blue. I know drop checkers take long to adjust to the changing ppm, but on my glass diffuser at this time, it would have been a nice green. Although I also had my co2 with the glass diffuser come on 2 hours before the lights even started to ramp up, so maybe that’s the difference with that. I was having the neo come on only a half hour before lights because of how much more it put into the tank, thinking it wouldn’t take as long to saturate the water. Maybe I need to adjust the time it comes on. After all it is a 90G. It’s just that the drop off of mist over night is perplexing...or maybe I’m just crazy?
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-30-2019, 05:40 PM
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quesenek View Post
It's pretty amazing, I went back to my "neo" diffuser after building a cerges reactor because after about 2 months of testing I was getting worse results from the reactor then I was just with the diffuser under my HOB. It also uses a lot less Co2 when compared to my reactor.

Overall from my personal experience I would only recommend the neo diffuser to anyone looking for a solution it's one of the best on the market.
@Quesenek - I don't mean to hijack this thread but had a quick question for you. I just purchased a reactor after reading about the differences between diffusers and reactors, but you seem to be happier with a diffuser. Are your results particular to your reactor or your tank or just in general do you think?

75 Gallon Planted Fresh Water Tank
Fluval FX6 & 406 Filters / 2 x Fluval Plant 3.0 LED Lights
CO2Art CO2 Regulator w/DIY Grigg Reactor
Seneye+ Tank Monitoring System / Atlas Scientific Hydroponic Monitoring System

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode