Ideas for tank + stand combo 30-50 gallons? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-13-2019, 03:51 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Ideas for tank + stand combo 30-50 gallons?

Hi all. I haven’t seen any options for rimless tank + stand combos in this size range. Do they exist? If not, any suggestions for where I might be able to get a rimless aquarium and separate stand for a tank in this size range? Size limited by tank location (first floor with basement below). Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-13-2019, 09:59 PM
Obsessed? Maybe

PTrader: (489/100%)
There are quite a few companies. ADA, UNS, AquaTop, Landen, Waterbox, et al. Pretty much all of them are available in Canada.

What's your budget? What do you plan to keep in your tank?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|
|
|

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-14-2019, 03:26 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Thanks. I need to update my profile. Not in Canada anymore. U.S., though I suppose options are similar here. Budget is very flexible.

Also, Iíve been looking into a few of those brands but havenít seen stands for them. Am I missing them?

I havenít decided exactly what I want to keep in there yet. I transitioned from freshwater to a saltwater reef 5 years ago and realized that saltwater didnít bring me nearly as much joy as my heavily planted tank or my Bolivian Ram breeding tank did. So Iíd love to have both, but the rams dig a lot so not sure how to do that yet.

Last edited by Darkblade48; 10-15-2019 at 04:25 AM. Reason: Please use the edit function for back to back posts to keep threads cleaner

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-14-2019, 04:13 PM
Obsessed? Maybe

PTrader: (489/100%)
Yep, probably missing them. ADA, UNS, Waterbox, several others offer a few types of stands.

Lots easier (and probably cheaper, I think) to get them all in the US than Canada.

|
|
|
|
|
|
|

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-15-2019, 06:50 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)
Send a message via AIM to talontsiawd
You have plenty of options listed above. Just know that many rimless tank brands don't use exact gallons to the 10 or 5. You may find some tanks are 17 gallons or 48 gallons but most of the top brands still use standard footprints for the tanks. Note that some stands are going to be pricey. Aqua Forest Aquarium, the only distributor of ADA products in the US lists 60p stand (basically a 20 gallon high stand) at over $800. It is beautiful, and the 90P, which is basically a 50 gallon tank, is almost $800 for the tank and $1200+ for the stand. However, in store, they sell their own brand for a fraction of that.

Point being, you can use a Petco stand for many rimless tanks if you like the style, and certain brands you will pay a big premium for design. But, many brands fit a middle ground. Some rimless tank companies don't sell stands. I have not yet done a DIY stand but planning to do a 60P (20 gallon) stand in plywood, using edge banding, it would be less than $100 but I have the tools needed.

-Matt

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-15-2019, 05:39 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Thank you so much! I think I’m going with waterbox, probably the 44 gallon.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode