Inline co2 - The Planted Tank Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jeff5614

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-20-2019, 01:22 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Inline co2

I'm planning on changing from an in tank diffuser to an Inline diffuser but was wondering what's the best way to actually have the out flow going into the tank.i currently use a spray bar above my diffuser with a power head to get an even better flow and distribution.would the spray bar still work as well with the co2 coming out of it or would I have to get something else as ive only ever seen lilly pipes with inline co2. The other option is the ehiem fish tail outlet that came with my filter,would that be ok?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-20-2019, 06:27 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (4/100%)
As long as the spray bar is completely immersed and not causing a lot of surface agitation it should be fine. I'm still using the plain output nozzle of my Fluval 305 and it works just fine.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-27-2019, 02:34 PM
Algae Grower

Donít forget a good check valve.
One little detail is that the current you create in the aquarium may change the look of the aquascape. The type of filter output you choose may affect the look of taller stem plants in your aquascape by gently pushing them in one direction or other. In my experience a spray bar may push tall stems forward. A j tube pushes tall stems in different ways depending on the placement in the aquarium. Again this is a small detail and doesnít significantly effect all aquascapes. I have a nano and stems so the effect is more obvious in my aquascapes.

Bump: One other detail for anyone trying co2 is that some of the newer diffusers require a very rigid type of tubing. You canít use ďordinaryĒ co2 tubing with that type of diffuser.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-27-2019, 06:19 PM
Planted Member

GLA has a really nice looking inline aluminum diffuser.

This one is precisely what I wanted, the plastic and the delicate glass ones look too fragile for me to want to use, personally. Can't go wrong with aluminum.

I LOVE SCREEEEMPS!!!!!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-27-2019, 06:32 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (52/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlyingBear View Post
GLA has a really nice looking inline aluminum diffuser.

This one is precisely what I wanted, the plastic and the delicate glass ones look too fragile for me to want to use, personally. Can't go wrong with aluminum.
Same diffuser at GlassAqua and BucePlant for a bit less.

https://shop.glassaqua.com/collectio...e-co2-atomizer

https://buceplant.com/collections/co...21540921671761
DirtDiggler2823 likes this.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff5614 View Post
Super helpful. My hands are clumsy, so I'm bad with the frail glass parts. These might be just what I need as I get my planted tank going again. Thank you.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 05:42 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

If doing an inline diffuser, is there a reason you don't want to do a reactor? Reactors have no maintenance after setting them up (either diy or purchased) whereas diffusers all have to be cleaned/new ceramic discs used periodically.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 11:24 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (52/100%)
Spare ceramic diffusers for this style of diffuser are inexpensive and very easy to swap out. I swap mine every couple of months and give the dirty one an overnight soak in H2O2 followed by another 24 hours in white vinegar and it's ready to go next time. IMO, this style is head and shoulders above the older UpAqua, GLA, etc. inlines. They're easier to clean, seem a lot sturdier and produce a much finer mist.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode