How to contact Sun Sun - The Planted Tank Forum
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-25-2019, 01:07 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)
How to contact Sun Sun

Does anyone know how to contact Sun Sun ? I need to lodge a complaint and see about a replacement part that is not offered elsewhere . I have searched till I am blue in the face and nothing . Thanks .

My wife says if I get one more aquarium she is going to leave me . I sure am going to miss her fried chicken .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-25-2019, 01:58 AM
Obsessed? Maybe

PTrader: (494/100%)
If you bought your filters on fleabay, I recommend sending a message to the seller to see if they can get the part for you. If you tell them it failed, they may give it to you for free. If you didn't buy on fleabay? It may still be worthwhile to message one of the sellers there.

That said, SunSun is just a bunch of OEM merchandise that people buy up and resell. It's not even like standard OEM equipment that companies sometimes rebrand. So it's going to be tough to get in touch with anyone. There's no centralized system of support or even, really, a centralized company. It's several.
Leeatl likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|
|
|

post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 07:42 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Thanks . Another reason not to buy them....lol

My wife says if I get one more aquarium she is going to leave me . I sure am going to miss her fried chicken .

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 11:07 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)
Contact Ming Trading LLC. I believe they are the primary distributor/importer getting SunSun products. My HW-3000 that was purchased from Amazon has them listed as the point of contact for any issues in the manual. ;-)

|
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-27-2019, 12:56 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by varanidguy View Post
Contact Ming Trading LLC. I believe they are the primary distributor/importer getting SunSun products. My HW-3000 that was purchased from Amazon has them listed as the point of contact for any issues in the manual. ;-)
Thanks . I sent the seller an email from Amazon . We shall see ....lol
varanidguy likes this.

post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 04:59 AM
Wannabe Guru

Any update on the situation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

|
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 02:06 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Any update on the situation?

No I have not heard anything back yet . I may try to get to Ming as you suggested .

post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 03:13 PM
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeatl View Post
No I have not heard anything back yet . I may try to get to Ming as you suggested .

Well thatís unfortunate about the seller. Please keep us posted regarding Ming if you try to go through them.

|
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 07:40 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Well thatís unfortunate about the seller. Please keep us posted regarding Ming if you try to go through them.

I just sent Ming a message through their website....we will see . The original seller is LKF USA , but they don't have Sun Sun canisters listed anymore on Amazon so they could be out of bussiness....lol I will post if Ming replies .
varanidguy likes this.

post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 08:44 PM
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
I just sent Ming a message through their website....we will see . The original seller is LKF USA , but they don't have Sun Sun canisters listed anymore on Amazon so they could be out of bussiness....lol I will post if Ming replies .

Yeah sounds like it is definitely possible. Mine was fulfilled by the Amazon Warehouse so unfortunately I canít be much help there. Fingers crossed Ming gets back to you, Iím actually really interested to see how this plays out.

|
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-09-2019, 01:02 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Update....Not a word from Ming so I guess I am out of luck . That's what I get for trying to be cheap....lol You can bet I won't be buying anything Sun Sun again and good luck to all that have .....lol

post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-09-2019, 01:20 AM
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Update....Not a word from Ming so I guess I am out of luck . That's what I get for trying to be cheap....lol You can bet I won't be buying anything Sun Sun again and good luck to all that have .....lol

That is extremely disappointing.

|
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-09-2019, 01:49 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Tell me about it . It worked great while it did , but , the no customer service is crazy . I just have a pound of recyclable plastic now .

post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-09-2019, 02:02 AM
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Tell me about it . It worked great while it did , but , the no customer service is crazy . I just have a pound of recyclable plastic now .

So what happened exactly? Maybe we can help?

|
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-09-2019, 02:44 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I don't think there is any help except a new top . The two tabs that hold the hose holder on just disintegrated after a couple months use . I went to clean it and the tabs just crumbled like they had been soaked in a solvent....lol I need the bottom part of the top housing . That's why I won't buy any of their stuff again .

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode