Innovative Marine Mighty Jet GPH on various settings,? - The Planted Tank Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By DaveKS
  • 1 Post By JBigz

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-16-2019, 04:13 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Innovative Marine Mighty Jet GPH on various settings,?

I recently picked up an Innovative Marine Nuvo Fusion Pro 30g long. I'm very happy with the tank and I'm particularly impressed with the utterly silent and controllable Mighty Jet pump that came with it. The only problem is that it's too dang strong at peak output!!

It's rated for 538 GPH at full strength but it has 10 levels of adjustability. I cannot find anywhere how many GPH each level runs. Has anybody used this pump before? I'd like to dial it in around 270 GPH for 9x turnover but I have no idea which of the settings (if any) approximate that rate.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-16-2019, 10:25 AM
Wannabe Guru

Even manual doesnít say. Logically I guess if you set it 5 thatís half speed, that should be around 269gph, divide that to the 2 outputs should give you about 134gph on each nozzle.

Iíd try 6-7 and shoot for about 150gph on each nozzle.

Best way would probat be to retrofit it with 2 dual nozzle lock lines so you could run higher rate but disperse it more evenly around tank covering both front and back evenly.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 03:22 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveKS View Post
Best way would probat be to retrofit it with 2 dual nozzle lock lines so you could run higher rate but disperse it more evenly around tank covering both front and back evenly.
Thanks, Dave. I continued to search and search but haven't found anything. I have an email in to Innovative Marine and have currently set the pump to 1.4 (the settings are 1.1 to 2.0 oddly enough).

I like your suggestion about splitting the nozzles with dual loc lines. I'm going to start planting tomorrow which should give me a better idea about where dead zones in the tank are.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 09:22 PM
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBigz View Post
Thanks, Dave. I continued to search and search but haven't found anything. I have an email in to Innovative Marine and have currently set the pump to 1.4 (the settings are 1.1 to 2.0 oddly enough).

I like your suggestion about splitting the nozzles with dual loc lines. I'm going to start planting tomorrow which should give me a better idea about where dead zones in the tank are.

Use a Y, put a nozzle on one side of it and then put one of these circle flow spraybars on other half can make a nice front back solution. You can make fan shaped spraybars and even point little jets in different directions if you want.

JBigz likes this.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 04:55 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Just in the event anybody is looking for the same info in the future, here's the table I received from Innovative Marine.

DaveKS likes this.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-15-2019, 01:58 PM
Algae Grower

Hope I can jump in and ask a question; I have the newer pump as well on my Nuvo Fusion 10 and find the output pushes my little fish all over the place. Already on lowest setting. Could I use a Y and a spray bar to disperse it better?

Fish+Plants thanks you!!
Michigan

Last edited by fish+plants; 09-15-2019 at 02:01 PM. Reason: posted twice
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-15-2019, 09:34 PM
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish+plants View Post
Hope I can jump in and ask a question; I have the newer pump as well on my Nuvo Fusion 10 and find the output pushes my little fish all over the place. Already on lowest setting. Could I use a Y and a spray bar to disperse it better?
A 10gal at 7x turnover rate, which is max you would ever need in that small tank is only 70gph, min on that pump is 174gph.

So find out what size that fitting is and go to a Y/T with nozzle similar to single one thatís on there now on one end and other end put spraybar blowing down backwall.

Even for a saltwater mini reef I canít believe they only put a single nozzle on there.

Bump:
Quote:
A 10gal at 7x turnover rate, which is max you would ever need in that small tank is only 70gph, min on that pump is 174gph.

So find out what size that fitting is and go to a Y/T with nozzle similar to single one thatís on there now on one end and other end put spraybar blowing down backwall.

Even for a saltwater mini reef I canít believe they only put a single nozzle on there.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-15-2019, 10:09 PM
Algae Grower

Yikes, thank you! I was not paying attention to the specs, obviously, newbie mistake. They had a previous version of this tank with a less powerful pump which probably would have been fine. So I overpaid for something I now need to fix . It is probably more for a mini reef, but yes, only one nozzle.

Could I use a lily pipe on the outflow?

Fish+Plants thanks you!!
Michigan
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-15-2019, 11:28 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Could I use a lily pipe on the outflow?

I would not use a lily pipe in this instance. You'd probably wind up limiting your water dispersion even more than with the stock return. If anything, split it with the Y nozzle like DaveKS suggests and maybe consider giving yourself more options with the loc-line too.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-16-2019, 12:14 AM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBigz View Post
I would not use a lily pipe in this instance. You'd probably wind up limiting your water dispersion even more than with the stock return. If anything, split it with the Y nozzle like DaveKS suggests and maybe consider giving yourself more options with the loc-line too.
Ok, thank you so much. What is a loc-line? Could that thingie pictured above work and where would I find it?

Bump: I googled lily pipes to try to understand them and the article I read led me to believe a lily pipe would provide a gentle current, or a spin pipe would provide low water movement, not so strong which is the issue. Sorry, if I am confusing, trying to learn from the pros here!

Bump: I googled lily pipes to try to understand them and the article I read led me to believe a lily pipe would provide a gentle current, or a spin pipe would provide low water movement, not so strong which is the issue. Sorry, if I am confusing, trying to learn from the pros here!

Or something like this as I am trying to get a nice clean look too!

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....BL._SX679_.jpg

Fish+Plants thanks you!!
Michigan

Last edited by Darkblade48; 09-17-2019 at 12:07 PM. Reason: Please use the edit function for back to back posts to keep threads cleaner
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-16-2019, 02:16 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

I think the black return on the Nuvo is pretty clean! Usually lily pipes are used with external filters.

Loclines are the modular system DaveKS posted a picture of above. I really think that's going to be your best chance at dispersing flow and keeping a clean look.

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-17-2019, 09:56 PM
Algae Grower

So I was able to find out from IM that the fitting for the output is 1/2". I cannot fine that loc-line pictured above, which looks like it has a lot of little outlets to disperse the water, which could be great. I did find this: https://www.amazon.com/LOC-LINE-Adju...gateway&sr=8-3. It appears to have a threaded end though and I don't know how to use that in the output opening for my tank which is not threaded. How do I make this plumbing work!? Help.......

Any others using the IM Nuvo Fusion 10 Pro having issues with the output and any solutions? IM said to use their spin nozzle, but I have used that in the past and it is quite strong, just sends water in more directions in the tank!

I also found these VCA random flow generators nozzle, would those work?

Fish+Plants thanks you!!
Michigan

Last edited by fish+plants; 09-17-2019 at 10:08 PM. Reason: add note

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode