CO2 Inline or In-Tank Diffuser - The Planted Tank Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Asteroid

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 09:34 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
CO2 Inline or In-Tank Diffuser

I am looking to get into CO2 injection and am currently learning. I have 59 gallon tank.

Would you recommend an inline CO2 atomizer diffuser or in-tank? I do have a canister filter. Does it really make much of a difference?

Does the inline diffuser go on the in or out tube of or the canister.

My concerns about inline:
1) more potential places for leaks which would be under the cabinet and not noticeable till its too late
2) The diffuser and its lines getting in the way when cleaning the canister
3) The in tank diffuser is kind of cool to watch. :-)

Kevin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 10:18 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

They both will do the job. i prefer in-tank ones because it's another visual check that the co2 is going at a somewhat normal rate. Most of the inline ones being atomizers create a misty/sprite look in the tank while the typical ceramic diffuser doesn't usually do this.

The inline would go on the out of the canister.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 05:37 PM

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 12:43 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteroid View Post
They both will do the job. i prefer in-tank ones because it's another visual check that the co2 is going at a somewhat normal rate. Most of the inline ones being atomizers create a misty/sprite look in the tank while the typical ceramic diffuser doesn't usually do this.

The inline would go on the out of the canister.
I thought I would be ok with the atomizers but I had multiple comments that the tank looked cloudy so I am switching bank to an in-tank diffuser. I would agree with the other comment about the reactors being the best I am just not ready to mess with one.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 01:22 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp421 View Post
I thought I would be ok with the atomizers but I had multiple comments that the tank looked cloudy so I am switching bank to an in-tank diffuser. I would agree with the other comment about the reactors being the best I am just not ready to mess with one.
When it comes to getting co2 into a tank there probably isn't a BEST method IMO just preference since they all have been proven to work. You can just browse tanks and see people using every method. The reactors might be more efficient, but efficiency accounts for very little with co2 since it's so inexpensive. ADA even on 6-ft tanks only uses in-tank diffusers so just go with what you prefer.
jp421 likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode