OK so back to this:
Barring a screwed up gauge.. outlet pressure is fine.
Next obstruction is solenoid (working or not? Dirt?)
Next is the needle valve (assuming it's not broken inside or dirt)
Next obstruction is check valve in bubble counter (I assume there is one but ???)
Last would be the atomizer itself..
Only leaks could be in the bc fitting or any pre-attached places..like around the needle solenoid or bc fittings..
Most point to a failure in the manuf..regardless of which part..
Just turned my tank 100% open... will leave the WP at 40 psi and watch when my solenoid turns on today to see what happens.
I will reiterate the sort of procedure I went about doing to discover this:
At first - my whole system was hooked up but was unable to adjust bps (bubble counter attached to regulator) using needle valve so I turned everything off, released the pressure, took off the bubble counter, filled it with a slight bit more water (3/4) full and then screwed the bubble counter back on, hooked everything back up.
For the first few minutes (before co2 made its way to the atomizer) I was able to full adjust bps using the needle valve - slight too big of a turn, it would crank way up. Everything was fine.
After the co2 started coming out of the diffuser I was the UNable to adjust the BPS, whether slightly open or fully open the rate doesn't change.
my tank still looks like a champagne bottle
The diffuser doesnt really like like its diffusing out of 100% of the surface as maybe it should be (usually bubbles come from the bottom or the sides rather than the top vs the GLA diffusers)
My drop checker stayed blue all day yesterday even when being placed above my diffuser
My plants pearled
I aint no scientist but if I had to guess just from watching it all happen I would guess that the diffuser doesn't diffuse as much as it should to keep up with the pressure the regulator is putting out. Thus pressure is being built up against the bubble counter, making the bubbles appear slow. I saw a video of someone putting their finger on the top of a regulator-attached bubble counter and it slowed the rate at which the bubbles counted.
I think having a more porous diffuser (or it soaking longer) may fix this issue.
Let me know what you guys think.