CO2 and Spec V - Hiding the Diffuser - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-17-2018, 08:48 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (6/100%)
CO2 and Spec V - Hiding the Diffuser

Has anyone had any luck concealing their diffuser in the filter compartment? Specifically I'm wondering if people have done it with the diffuser in the sponge compartment as opposed to the pump side. On mine its already completely full between the heater and the pump, although if people's solutions involve a teeny heater i'd be willing to entertain them.

Thanks!

My tanks:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-17-2018, 09:13 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (7/100%)
It doesn't fit in the pump section? I have a Spec III with smaller compartments and I have a 100w heater and the float switch unit of a tunze osmolator nano in there along with the return pump. Don't see why a tiny diffuser wouldn't fit inside yours.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-17-2018, 09:27 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by gus6464 View Post
It doesn't fit in the pump section? I have a Spec III with smaller compartments and I have a 100w heater and the float switch unit of a tunze osmolator nano in there along with the return pump. Don't see why a tiny diffuser wouldn't fit inside yours.
Maybe I'm just being silly, but the diffuser I have doesn't seem like it would fit in the pump section with all the other equipment in there...

My tanks:

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-17-2018, 09:37 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (7/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbachmann View Post
Maybe I'm just being silly, but the diffuser I have doesn't seem like it would fit in the pump section with all the other equipment in there...
How big is your diffuser?
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-17-2018, 10:09 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by gus6464 View Post
How big is your diffuser?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LEA13A0...vert-amazon-20

about this size

My tanks:

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-18-2018, 01:14 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
My heater:
https://www.amazon.com/Fluval-Marina.../dp/B00AFELTL0

My diffuser bell
https://www.amazon.com/StarSide-Aqua.../dp/B01CN7ZM3M

I put the bell at the bottom, set the pump above it, cut the pump tube to length and drilled a 1/8" hole through the tube (to increase circulation around the heater), and put the heater above it all. It all fits and works fine. See pictures.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-22-2018, 04:57 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

That looks great! My heaters is a bit larger then yours, so for now I've just got the diffuser set above the pump, next to the heater. I dont have a drop checker, but it doesnt seem like anything has changed in the tank. Thanks for the inspiration.

My tanks:

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-22-2018, 06:17 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

So these inline atomic diffusers from GLA fit in the pump chamber and the stand pipe from the Spec V pump fit allowing for inline diffusion. Just need to measure and cut down the stand pipe to size. I forget which mm size to get that fits, there's a user on here/reddit that did this for his spec v, and I was going to until my spec V decided to leak.

http://greenleafaquariums.com/co2-di...iffuser-8.html

That just leaves hiding a heater because the pump and inline diffuser will occupy the whole of the pump section . But a heater is easier to conceal than pumps and co2 tubes and wires, etc.

My tank journal.

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-23-2018, 02:42 AM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaldurak View Post
So these inline atomic diffusers from GLA fit in the pump chamber and the stand pipe from the Spec V pump fit allowing for inline diffusion. Just need to measure and cut down the stand pipe to size. I forget which mm size to get that fits, there's a user on here/reddit that did this for his spec v, and I was going to until my spec V decided to leak.

http://greenleafaquariums.com/co2-di...iffuser-8.html

That just leaves hiding a heater because the pump and inline diffuser will occupy the whole of the pump section . But a heater is easier to conceal than pumps and co2 tubes and wires, etc.
Interesting...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-23-2018, 03:44 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaldurak View Post

Atomic Inline CO2 Diffuser 8/12mm | Green Leaf Aquariums

I wish you didnt say that... now I'm thinking of snagging one. Do you know where that thread you're talking about is? I'd like to see it in action.

My tanks:

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode