Aqua Labs CO2 Regulator - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-31-2018, 06:30 AM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
Aqua Labs CO2 Regulator

Hello everyone,

I'm new to planted aquariums and was looking for a decent CO2 regulator, that was reasonably priced. I've been doing a fair bit of research, reading a bunch of forum posts and watching some reviews... but it's still hard to decide on something. I like the GLA regulators, but they are expensive. I don't mind spending more at the get go, if it means reliability and not having to buy again. That said, I noticed something that I can't seem to find much information on.

Let me preface the following by saying that I know it's common in many industries for parts to be sourced from Chinese manufacturers and rebranded/passed off as original by other companies. This was really common in the high end cycling trade that I used to work in.

So I noticed, and was initially interested in the GLA MINI-SS Paintball CO2 Regulator GLA MINI-SS Paintball CO2 Regulator | Green Leaf Aquariums

But then I realized it looked a lot like some other regulators.

ADA Speed Regulator https://www.aquasabi.com/co2/co2-acc...peed-regulator

UNS Mini CO2 Single Gauge Regulator https://shop.glassaqua.com/collectio...auge-regulator

And then there is the Hong Kong based Aqua Labs selling a similar looking regulator; perhaps the original supplier? Aqua Labs || Japan precision SMC CO2 Speed Flow Controller Regulator MINI-SS with DC12V Soleniod - Regulator & Solenoids - CO2 Acessories

I'm guessing they share the same regulator, with minor aesthetic differences and different solenoid/speed controller.

What are your thoughts on this. The Aqua Labs seems like a fair deal, if it is indeed the same regulator... but I can't find much info in terms of reviews.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 05:41 PM
Algae Grower

Digging out your old post but I ordered one (Aqualabs) and never received it. The guy never replied my messages either. Too bad, it had good reviews and now I'm stuck with my dry start which is more than ready and no money for a regulator. 💸💸
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 10:21 PM
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
I'm guessing they share the same regulator, with minor aesthetic differences and different solenoid/speed controller.
This is probably correct. I don't know who makes it but the only differences that stood out to me is some have a pressure gauge in mPA while the Nilocg has a PSI gauge. That isn't critical. The solenoids can be different but all basically work the same way. The needle valves these use are OK but depending on your injection method and and CO2 flow needs it might be difficult to get a low stable flow. Especially for a small aquarium.

Quote:
I ordered one (Aqualabs) and never received it.
Sorry to hear about that. I personally got the Nilocg.com regulator with the paintball tank adaptor. Works well but the paintball tank adaptor was not shipped with it. I contacted Nilocg and they promptly sent the adaptor. Like all single stage regulators output pressure will increase as the tank pressure drops. This can cause too much CO2 in the aquarium just before the CO2 tank runs out. So you do periodically have to check your CO2 flow rate with a bubble counter and make adjustments. I often find it is easier to reduce the pressure with the regulator knob instead of adjusting the needle valve (which in my case is at a minimum setting).

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode