fluval flex - Page 2 - The Planted Tank Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-26-2018, 01:33 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (3/100%)
I would think the white supplemented with the magenta would be the best choice. I use the last button under the blue group. The only problem is that I have my lights on a timer and when they come on in the morning, they revert to all white, so I have to add the magenta each morning. I have heard some people say the Flex lights don't work on a timer, but I am using a mechanical timer and they work fine, other than reverting back to all white. I just bought a digital timer marked 'cfl/led ready', and I am going to try that one today. I have had my 9 gallon Flex set up for a month and things are going well so far.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-30-2018, 03:30 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (3/100%)
The lights work on the digital timer, too. I have Hydrocoytle tripartita, Hygrophila pinnatifida, Rotala rotundifolia, Anubias barteri 'nana', Cryptocorne 'Tropica' and 'Wendtii' and all are doing well so far.
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-01-2018, 11:09 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
Send a message via Skype™ to dmastin
Just having this issue myself, that is, the colored lights only can be turned on manually.
The colored lights can be on when your timer turns off, but the colored lights will not be on when your timer turns back on.
Fortunately the white lights do work with a timer, but it would be great if the colored lights did as well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-30-2018, 06:50 AM

I have two Flex Fluval 57l tanks, both on digital timers for the lights - one tank the lights come back on with white & colour and the other only the white comes on. Tanks were bought from different stores about 9 months apart so not sure if it is a defect or something changed in the tanks (as the newer tank also came with the plastic grill guards that the older tank didn't have).
I've just e-mailed Fluval to see if it is configurable or a defect and then started to search for anyone else with the same problem...
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-30-2020, 11:25 PM

UGH. Come on Fluval - don't do fancy until you've done basic. Light timers are pretty important.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode