needle valve/ fittings? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 04:06 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)
needle valve/ fittings?

One of my smc as-2200 has started leaking from the adjustment screw area so I'm looking at getting a "better" nv. I've come down to either getting two swagelok ss-4mg, two hoke 1315g2b or two nv 55-18. Here's the pluses that landed me at those choices so far:

Fabco- is a few hours north of me so could probably have them sooner then the others, uses readily available fittings.

Hoke- already has vernier handles on them and cheapest of the 3, brass globe ss vernier handle

Swagelok- same price as the fabco, has the option of getting vernier for $30 ish at some point if I want to.

Tanks I have set up currently are a 20l and standard 75 and I'm leaning towards the Swagelok after just grabbing a new ss reg thanks to @Stacy1's thread. I want to hard plumb them if I do go with the ss-4mg so would ss-4-ta-1-4 and ss-4-ta-7-4 be the right fittings to go from 1/4" tube to npt threads? Anyone think I should go with one of the other nv instead?

thanks for any help/advise with this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 05:21 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)
You should check out P/N 6AMV1101 one from Dakota Instruments. I bought one over the holidays, and itís fantastic. It's also much cheaper than Fabco or Swagelok.

https://www.dakotainstruments.com/va...-straight-flow
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 05:30 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

@jellopuddinpop, did you get yours from some where besides their site? $88 from them is more then the others?

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 05:50 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshuld View Post
@jellopuddinpop, did you get yours from some where besides their site? $88 from them is more then the others?
I was looking for a good Swagelok or Fabco before buying that one, and I wasn't able to locate anything for less than like $180. I have nothing against the other brands (this is the first serious NV Iíve purchased); I just thought that $88 was less than the cost of the other ones mentioned.

Just trying to give options . If the ones you were looking at are cheaper than that, then I really can't judge.

That said, the Dakota Instruments one has worked excellent.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 06:05 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Understood, the fabco is about $35 as well as the Swagelok. I think the m series will be ok on my 75 but not sure how well the 20l will do with it.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-19-2017, 10:24 PM
Algae Grower

Yup just got the Fabco from Sempress in Mississauga Ontario for $52 Cdn but went through hell figuring out how to connect it to air line. Had to use slightly larger and more rigid tubing from my terrarium mister and then JAM a metal check valve into it and use standard silicone air line on the other side

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode