Rhinox Diffuser? - The Planted Tank Forum
 1Likes
  • 2 Post By Nlewis

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-12-2016, 09:57 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Rhinox Diffuser?

I've been using the Rhinox Diffuser since I started my tank 4 months ago in conjunction with my Aquatek regulator.

I feel like most of the bubbles are going straight to the surface even with my powerhead close above the diffuser.

Has anyone else experienced using this diffuser? Would something like a GLA Atomizer be measurably better?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-12-2016, 11:12 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (73/100%)
I doesn't sound like the diffuser is the problem. I use mine below the return. How far down toward the bottom do you have it? Also don't worry about some bubbles making it to the top, worry more about what your co2 levels are. How are you measuring them?
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-13-2016, 01:15 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofcards View Post
I doesn't sound like the diffuser is the problem. I use mine below the return. How far down toward the bottom do you have it? Also don't worry about some bubbles making it to the top, worry more about what your co2 levels are. How are you measuring them?
My diffuser is pretty far down -- about 5 inches off the substrate. I have a drop checker that I refill with solution every few weeks (Currently not quite lime green, but not dark green either).

The problem I'm seeing though is that I have my c02 set to about 5 bbp yet the color in my drop checker doesn't change. My drop checker is on the opposite side of the tank as my diffuser.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-13-2016, 01:34 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (3/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byronyk View Post
My diffuser is pretty far down -- about 5 inches off the substrate. I have a drop checker that I refill with solution every few weeks (Currently not quite lime green, but not dark green either).

The problem I'm seeing though is that I have my c02 set to about 5 bbp yet the color in my drop checker doesn't change. My drop checker is on the opposite side of the tank as my diffuser.
Push the diffuser down as far as you can. Did you use the the solution that came with the drop checker? Are you using 4dkh fluid or tank water in the checker?

Just a noob

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-13-2016, 01:57 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlewis View Post
Push the diffuser down as far as you can. Did you use the the solution that came with the drop checker? Are you using 4dkh fluid or tank water in the checker?
Yes, I'm using the solution that came with the drop checker. I'm using my tank water and putting 5 drops of the solution into the checker.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-13-2016, 03:04 AM
Planted Tank Guru

You should be using a 4dkh solution in the drop checker which you can make or purchase. I have 2 drop checkers and from what I've seen the ph reagent that comes with them is crap, I use the ph reagent out of my ph test kit. Also you never answered @houseofcards of, how are you measuring your co2 levels?

Just a noob

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-13-2016, 03:11 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlewis View Post
You should be using a 4dkh solution in the drop checker which you can make or purchase. I have 2 drop checkers and from what I've seen the ph reagent that comes with them is crap, I use the ph reagent out of my ph test kit. Also you never answered @houseofcards of, how are you measuring your co2 levels?
I guess I didn't understand his question -- I've been measuring my c02 using my drop checker.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-13-2016, 03:18 AM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byronyk View Post
I guess I didn't understand his question -- I've been measuring my c02 using my drop checker.
Introducing co2 to your aquarium will lower your co2. Do you have a ph test kit? If so measure your ph right before your co2 turns on and again around the time it turns off. Compare the 2 readings and figure out what the difference is. Most people generally aim for a one point drop in ph.
houseofcards and houseofcards like this.

Just a noob

Tags
c02, c02 diffuser, diffuser, rhinox

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode