$1 per gallon on right now threw may 7 - The Planted Tank Forum
 1Likes
  • 2 Post By bobfig

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-29-2016, 09:21 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (3/100%)
Exclamation $1 per gallon on right now threw may 7

just a heads up, just picked up a nice 29gallon tank at the doller per gallon petco near me. looks liek its going to go till May 7th.
saty and saty like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-30-2016, 08:26 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

bump for other people.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-31-2016, 06:51 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (23/100%)
Nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-31-2016, 07:25 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)
I'm pretty sure they switched back to Aqueons, but honestly it doesn't make any difference.

I brought home a 10G last summer that leaked as soon as I filled it. If I had looked closer I would've seen the small gap in the seam.

I just had another 10G start leaking last week. The rack it sits on is moving in a month, and it seems like the leak stops at a certain water level so it stays put until then, less 1.5 inches of water.

I'm not throwing this out here to bash the product. Just a word of caution to give these things a good look over before you take them home and at least consider a leak test....yeah, on a brand new tank.

Until these two instances, I haven't seen a leaker in decades; and I have about 30 tanks running and some are older than dirt.

My fish room is moving to the opposite corner of the house (yes, very painful), but I'll need some more tanks in the process. You can bet I'll be looking them over MUCH better.

Another specific caution on the 29G's they bow significantly. So if you plan on glass covers be careful.

Angelo

"Why can't my wife see all of this stuff as an investment?"
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-01-2016, 08:40 PM
Algae Grower

Thumbs up

just a quick note to people, tax is on the original price and not the discounted price.
Say 40 breeder is $40 after discount for people with pet co reward cord, tax is not $4(approx) I was subjected to tax on original price.

I picked up 40 breeder and 20g and the tax was calculated for approx $195 and not $40+$29 as i thought it would be, Huge difference for me
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-01-2016, 10:07 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saty View Post
just a quick note to people, tax is on the original price and not the discounted price.
Say 40 breeder is $40 after discount for people with pet co reward cord, tax is not $4(approx) I was subjected to tax on original price.

I picked up 40 breeder and 20g and the tax was calculated for approx $195 and not $40+$29 as i thought it would be, Huge difference for me
sounds like you got ripped as my 29 gallon only came out to 31.39 after the 8.25% tax.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-01-2016, 10:32 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (6/100%)
Yeah I just bought a couple 20 Longs and they charged tax for the original price ($44 orig, so tax was about $4).

Only saw Aqueons this time around at Petco. I bought a couple 10's maybe 6 months ago and they haven't leaked. The new 20L has been running for about 4 days now and no leaks.
But the silicone jobs/seals weren't pretty lousy (lot of them even the glass panes didn't line up well, and some had gaps in the corners you could see in the silicone), so I do inspect all the tanks before purchasing. So far haven't gotten a leaker.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode