please help me with my tank.. - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-16-2014, 06:38 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (2/100%)
Question please help me with my tank..

so i decided to get back to my favorite hobby its been a long while since i have raised ghost shrimp i think i just need at least a 10g tank, java moss (for fry), a power filter with a strainer at the intake, a sponge filter, dark gravel (for stress relief), drift wood (for when they malt), oak leaves or almond leaves for nutrients, carnivore pellets and flake food to feed them, and a heater... am i missing anything? any input would be welcomed with open arms... i used to have a tank set for breeding shrimp but got into a accident that left me with having no time to take care of them and as such i have forgotten alot of what i used to know and now i have to relearn most everything i used to know...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-16-2014, 06:44 AM
Banned

PTrader: (31/100%)
what is your plan for water?

check out the sticky, lots of great info there to refresh your memory.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-16-2014, 06:45 AM
Planted Tank Guru

Send a message via Yahoo to wicca27
welcome back to the hobby and its great to see another oklahoma person the 2nd in the last week i have talked with on here lol. why are you wanting to go ghost shrimp and not somthing more colorful? there are some great sellers on here that can ship and there are so many colors of "cherrys" now there is something for just about any one. neos are really easy and hardy. you have the basics of what you need. do you know any of your parameters?

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-16-2014, 06:48 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrimpcrazy00 View Post
so i decided to get back to my favorite hobby its been a long while since i have raised ghost shrimp i think i just need at least a 10g tank, java moss (for fry), a power filter with a strainer at the intake, a sponge filter, dark gravel (for stress relief), drift wood (for when they malt), oak leaves or almond leaves for nutrients, carnivore pellets and flake food to feed them, and a heater... am i missing anything? any input would be welcomed with open arms... i used to have a tank set for breeding shrimp but got into a accident that left me with having no time to take care of them and as such i have forgotten alot of what i used to know and now i have to relearn most everything i used to know...
Hello there fellow Okie...lol
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-18-2014, 06:27 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

hiya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqualady View Post
Hello there fellow Okie...lol
hey how are you doing. Im surprised there is anyone on here from oklahoma tbh im very glade there is though XD
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-18-2014, 06:36 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

ghost shrimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicca27 View Post
welcome back to the hobby and its great to see another oklahoma person the 2nd in the last week i have talked with on here lol. why are you wanting to go ghost shrimp and not somthing more colorful? there are some great sellers on here that can ship and there are so many colors of "cherrys" now there is something for just about any one. neos are really easy and hardy. you have the basics of what you need. do you know any of your parameters?
ghost shrimp are not really sold on ebay or aquabid or craigslist... how many sellers do you see for rcs or crs or any of the others? plus i was able to get 35 ghosts for $10.00 im really starting back into my hobby with very lil cash im planning on selling my ghosts for a lil while and save a bit of cash after i find moss and some other things and my tank is better matured then ill invest into something a bit more popular or colorful and you said i love the colorful neo colored shrimps but theres so many sellers of neos and not so many of ghosts... i found 3 on ebay 2 out of the usa and 1 in the usa and they sell theirs for $1 a shrimp or well 10 shrimps for $9.99 ima sell mine for 12-15 shrimps for $9.99 hehehe im not thinking ill get rich selling ghost shrimps thats for sure but perhaps i can make back enough in profit to give me a leg up on better shrimps... think my plan will work?

Tags
breeding shrimp, ghost shrimp, new tank, shrimp, shrimp tank

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode