Euthanize Ghost Shrimp? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-19-2004, 06:59 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
I am NEW to Betta ownership, have a 3 gallon with one male Betta. Fish store told me to keep some ghost shrimp with him, they gave me 9. After reading your site, it seems I should only have one or two in that small of a tank...The fish store won't take the others back. Should I euthanize? How to do it? Still learning, D.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-19-2004, 07:13 PM
Are these real?

PTrader: (195/100%)
I am fairly sure the Betta will take care of that.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-19-2004, 07:16 PM Thread Starter

I've had all the ghost shrimp for 2 wks and the Betta doesn't seem a bit interested in helping me to take care of the "overpopulation" of ghost shrimp.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-19-2004, 08:22 PM

As long as you are doing regular waterchanges, I doubt you are going to have much trouble. Otherwise:

Shrimp Scampi :

3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter
1 pound uncooked shrimp, peeled, deveined
4 to 6 large garlic cloves, finely minced
1/4 cup white wine
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Additional lemon wedges for accompaniment
Freshly grated Parmesan cheese for accompaniment
12 ounces angel hair or linguine pasta, cooked according to package directions

1. Preheat oven to 400*F (205*C).
2. Place the butter in a 13 x 9 x 2-inch glass baking dish and place in oven until butter melts. Remove from oven and add the shrimp, garlic, wine and lemon juice to the melted butter, stirring to blend well. Return dish to oven and bake shrimp for 3 minutes; then mix in the parsley and bake until shrimp are just cooked through, about 2 minutes more. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Mound the hot cooked linguine in a large serving bowl. Spoon shrimp mixture over and toss gently to combine. Serve immediately with the Parmesan cheese for sprinkling and lemon wedges to squeeze on individual servings, as desired.

Makes 4 servings.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-20-2004, 12:12 AM
Geo
Algae Grower

Send a message via AIM to Geo Send a message via MSN to Geo
LOL!!!

I have a LOT better luck with aquatic plants than with houseplants ... mb this is a sign.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-20-2004, 12:53 AM Thread Starter

[color=darkred][/color
Mmmmmmmmm Shrimp Scampi.....

Thanks, I convinced the pet store to let me take them back.[/list][/quote]

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode