My bamboo shrimp just might have 9 lives - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-29-2013, 03:08 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (44/100%)
My bamboo shrimp just might have 9 lives

I've come to the conclusion that either my (actually my wife's) bamboo shrimp is extremely bullet proof or slightly "special" and lucky. He started out his journey to our house in a plant bag as a stow away 2 years ago. Not much water in a plant bag. He is in a tank that used to house platies and now has swordtails. Nobody has eaten him yet. Today, I do my water changes. When I do them I put a panty hose over the end of the python so I don suck and shrimp or fry up. I changed the tank he was in then went onto another tank. The last thing I do before I put away the python is go to the stationary sink and run some hot water through it to clean it and make it more pliable so it rolls easier. When I got to the stationary tub I discovered he had been clinging onto the panty hose and made it through two tanks and a walk across the basement without falling off but now was flipping around in the sink. I put him back in his tank and he seems happy and healthy still. He just keeps on ticking.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-29-2013, 06:12 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (5/100%)
Haha that's a great story. I originally had 2 bamboo shrimp in my 55g before one passed away. But I love the one that I have now. He is just fun to watch and he is always doing his own little thing.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-25-2014, 12:49 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Whats the minimum tank size for bamboo shrimp? Are they okay with swordtails?

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-25-2014, 01:58 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (44/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeetz View Post
Whats the minimum tank size for bamboo shrimp? Are they okay with swordtails?
I have mine in a 20 gallon high with swordtails. I don't think I would put them in a 10. He likes to move around alot.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-25-2014, 02:33 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fdsh5 View Post
I have mine in a 20 gallon high with swordtails. I don't think I would put them in a 10. He likes to move around alot.
I have one on a 20 long. I'd say as long as you have a high flow area, they don't move that much. We had two as well, but one passed after a bit over a year. It was already nearly three inches when we got it, and much bigger than any others I've seen for sale at the LFS.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode