Thai micro crab, Limnopilos naiyanetri - questions - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-12-2013, 08:36 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Thai micro crab, Limnopilos naiyanetri - questions

Hi,

Im about to start a tank that will have micro crabs and my goal will be to breed them. I have not yet found any report out there of any one that has made it, and i wonder if any of you know of a report or artical about this crab.

all i know for now is that they like a soft current in there water and lots of floating plants. they also want leafs as a substens and plenty of roots to hide under and in.

im open for all pointers and tips

regards muffin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-12-2013, 09:43 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (3/100%)
As far as I know, there's been no success in breeding them in captivity and most of the larvae die within a few days. Have you done you're reading on past attempts?

No self respecting aquarist worth his salt is without a bucket -Anon

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-13-2013, 05:38 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

yes i have been doing a lot of reading about breeding this crab, and the only good post i found was here on this forum.

https://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=163824

but he has been laying low for some time now and i donīt know what has happen. im still trying to find more information about this small crab. the more i read about it the more motivate i get to try and pull this off.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-13-2013, 05:43 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

yes i have been doing a lot of reading about this crab, and the only good post that i have found. Was here on this forum of a guy that sort of made it but he has been laying low now.

https://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=163824

im going to try and find more information about it, a lot of ppl have had this crab but not a lot is know about it. for the most part all i hear is that you se it then it is gone forever, that sort of motivates me a lot.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-14-2013, 10:46 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

thank you for your replay, will post some more ones i get it up and running.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-15-2013, 04:43 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (5/100%)
Add to the fact that they are highly reclusive, it would be hard to gauge success (read: are they even alive?) given you would never see the adults let alone babies.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Fraternity of Dirt member #140
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-15-2013, 07:16 PM
Invert Warrior

PTrader: (14/100%)
A similar approach to breeding amano shrimp (minus the salt) was the closest anybody got.

Some have said the larvae like light, and that's how they find their food source. I don't have high hope for anybody breeding them in captivity.

Good luck and keep us updated..

*Retired for now*
|
|
|
|
|
|My Tanks ʌ | Shrimp advice v|
|
|
|
|
|
Mark A Belcher Junior, founder --
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-15-2013, 09:28 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (3/100%)
I think you'd be sitting on an invertebrate goldmine once you figure this out. I'd be one of your customers

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode