Yet another Opae Ula video - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-05-2013, 07:52 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (2/100%)
Yet another Opae Ula video

If you like to watch shrimp ball, this is probably the one with the most shrimps ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhK5yd5SqVM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-05-2013, 08:54 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (23/100%)
Very nice. Do Opae kick out only pure reds? No light colors like cherry shrimps?
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-05-2013, 10:06 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
How come your opae are so red.. I'm jealous haha

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-05-2013, 10:12 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

wow, really nice color...
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-06-2013, 12:20 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (132/100%)
Remind me what the capsules in there are called again?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
My thinking has been invert-ed!

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-06-2013, 02:30 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (7/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soothing Shrimp View Post
Remind me what the capsules in there are called again?
Ditto, what are the small glass ampules in your tank?
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-06-2013, 04:19 AM
Invert Warrior

PTrader: (14/100%)
Seconded on the how you get them so red question.

*Retired for now*
|
|
|
|
|
|My Tanks ʌ | Shrimp advice v|
|
|
|
|
|
Mark A Belcher Junior, founder --
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-06-2013, 05:30 AM
Opae Ula Crazed.

PTrader: (3/100%)
My opae ula range from red like these to pink, orange, yellow or white. Some even have the "rili" look.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2

;29 gallon Endler's only;
;

;
; 10 gallon Opae Ula tank, started Nov 21, 2012.

Now... I'm out of room!
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-06-2013, 07:53 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Those vials are Prodibio biodigest and start up. I've been adding those when I add hundreds or even thousands of shrimps in a tank even when the tank is cycled. For that 22G tank, I added 1000-1100 opae ula (didn't count so have to trust the seller ;-), only lost like 3 in the first week and no casualty thereafter. No water change has been done for the last month I've had them, feed them like once or twice a week. The toughest shrimps I have ever dealt with.

Once 5 of them jumped out of a container (I was collecting some to bag them), they laid in a puddle of water that barely kept them wet for like 30 minutes. I dropped them back in the tank when I saw them and everyone was a swimmer ;-)

Yeah, I have to say I was surprised when I received the shipment. Almost all of them are super red. It's not to my credit or anything I do, it's just this shipment is super red. S

Some are saddled at the moment, I read somewhere water change will help a lot for breeding, I'll keep observing and see what happens.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-06-2013, 07:58 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Oh, another thing I don't know if it's the reason these shrimps are so tough. Their shell is actually much harder than other shrimps I have. Is that why? I don't know. I have only managed to kill a few when throwing them in fresh water directly... almost killed them I have to say, they turned motionless in about 10 minutes, so I moved them back to their brackish tank and they started swimming in about a minute ;-) So, don't do that if you get these.

I donated some to a local hobbyist who is trying to acclimate them to full saltwater tank. Still work in progress but so far so good. If you want to change the salinity, do it slowly and they should be fine.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-07-2013, 03:09 AM
Opae Ula Crazed.

PTrader: (3/100%)
A LFS had some opae in full salt. Don't think they had them long enough to reproduce, though.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2

;29 gallon Endler's only;
;

;
; 10 gallon Opae Ula tank, started Nov 21, 2012.

Now... I'm out of room!

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode