What is your favorite shrimp? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-02-2013, 05:19 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)
What is your favorite shrimp?

I'm starting an new 6G tank and am debating what kind of shrimp to add in...

So far i have CRS/CBS Pumpkins and Rillis in other tanks..

The new tank current just has rock/fluval stratum. I will be doing a carpet of HC and maybe a few small plants

What kind of shrimp do you guys "love" and recommend?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-02-2013, 05:24 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (3/100%)
My current favorite dream shrimp is the snow white shrimp where the shell is completely thick white.

However, if they were to breed out princess bee shrimp with high quality thick black and white bands then they'd be my favorite.

You mossn't be so rude!!

post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-02-2013, 06:37 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (9/100%)
Cardinal shrimp if I could keep them alive. I think my water is too soft for them. Of the shrimp I have my OEBT because of their looks and my tangerine tiger shrimp because they love to breed.

20g L46/hastatus/pygmy corys, 10g OEBTs, 10g blue bees/blue velvet shrimp, 10g CRS, 25g L174s/BNs/L340s, 10g yellow/red tiger shrimp, 15g clown plecos/CPDs/habrosus corys, 15g cory fry, 29g Weitzmani/panda corys/BNs, 46g L134s/salt and pepper corys/BNs/rubberlip pleco, 55g SAE/L201s/L199s/BNs/kissing gourami, 75g L316s/BNs/L134s/CAE/silver dollar, 30g L340s/L211s/CPDs,10g tangerine tiger/snowball shrimp, 20g L134/habrosus corys, 10g CPD fry

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-02-2013, 09:27 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (22/100%)
I've never had them but cardinal shrimp are gorgeous. Eye candy!!

Eheim Pimp Club #190

post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-02-2013, 10:37 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Garlic butter shrimp...

Ok sorry, I am hungry. For real though, I am still new to shrimp but I like the Snowball Shrimp and the Blue Pearl Shrimp, Sunkist, and Blueberry Shrimp. Good luck finding them though.

post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-02-2013, 12:42 PM
Algae Grower

Blue bolts, Cardinals, SSS crystal reds, and Shadow pandas

JAVA MOSS

post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-02-2013, 10:30 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

OEBT and blue bolts are pretty awesome but pricey!

Wouldn't be cheap to stock a tank!

post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-03-2013, 12:54 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (4/100%)
shadow pandas, the blue/black carbons, and the red/blue rilis are my favorite so far.

i like blue in my tanks haha.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-03-2013, 01:14 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (12/100%)
Shadow Pandas, Blue/black carbon rili, OEBT/BTOE, and orange neos but it looks like you have those already.

Greg

post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-03-2013, 04:32 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (19/100%)
I'm a huge fan of Carbon Rilis, Orange Rilis and the Bloody Marys that someone posted a thread about recently.

I really like TTs and Black tigers as well.

Eheim Pimp Club Member #462: Eheim 2213/2215
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-03-2013, 05:09 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (18/100%)
hulks and cobalts
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-04-2013, 03:11 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (45/100%)
My favorite shrimp are my low grade crs. I think of peppermint candycane when I see them. Of course that reminds me of Christmas which reminds me to buy more shrimp for myself for Christmas!

post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-04-2013, 03:21 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (4/100%)
Shadow panda and blue bolt
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-04-2013, 04:26 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (8/100%)
Blue Bolt and Cardinal
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-04-2013, 07:07 AM
Opae Ula Crazed.

PTrader: (3/100%)
Did I mention brackish Opae Ula? Easy to keep, always active and swimming? Much more interesting than any freshwater dwarf shrimp. :-)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2

;29 gallon Endler's only;
;

;
; 10 gallon Opae Ula tank, started Nov 21, 2012.

Now... I'm out of room!

Tags
shrimp

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode