Fungus on my Marmokreb ? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-26-2013, 12:22 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (12/100%)
Fungus on my Marmokreb ?

Ive been breeding marbled crayfish for a while now so i know this isnt normal but i would like to know what it is since it shares water from my rainbow tank.
Yesterday she was fine and ate normally, today i noticed she was berried and her tail tucked under. There is a white film that covers the eggs under her tail.... as picture shows. Does anyone know what it is and would a simple salt bath help ?

“We didn’t underestimate them. They were just a lot better than we thought.” -Bobby Robson

“Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans win.” -Gary Linekar

"Some people are on the pitch! They think it's all over! It is now, it's four!" -Kenneth Wolstenholme
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-26-2013, 05:04 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

I do not have experience with this, but I would think a salt bath couldn't hurt. I'd rather my gals drop eggs and try again later than compromise them.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-27-2013, 01:02 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Thanks, I put a couple teaspoons of salt in so I will see if that works

“We didn’t underestimate them. They were just a lot better than we thought.” -Bobby Robson

“Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans win.” -Gary Linekar

"Some people are on the pitch! They think it's all over! It is now, it's four!" -Kenneth Wolstenholme

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-27-2013, 01:24 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (3/100%)
You could also try adding some catappa bark to fight against the fungus. They're like Indian Almond Leaves, but more concentrated. I've heard they're used to treat shrimps since regular anti-biotics such as Mela-fix can kill the shrimps.

No self respecting aquarist worth his salt is without a bucket -Anon

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-09-2013, 01:52 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Just incase anyone comes across this thread at a later date.... The salt bath worked, the white filmed cleared after a few days and did not seem to bother the babies that are still in egg form. Thank you to those who responded.

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-09-2013, 03:01 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (132/100%)
Thanks for reporting the results.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
My thinking has been invert-ed!

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-10-2013, 05:17 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Hooray! Was curious about this.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode