PTrader: (11/100%)
cross question

I've got 11 very happy tiger shrimp in my tank right now. My parameters are

pH: 6.8
kH: 2
gH: 5

amm, nitrite: 0
nitrate:5

I'd like to keep some OEBT in here as well. I love the colors on my tigers, but want some of the oebt too.
I'm positive they will cross, being both tiger shrimp after all. Just wondering what I can expect from offspring? Keep in mind, I'm a hobbyist. I'm not looking to be a pro breeder and make tons of money or anything. I may occasionally sell some here on the forum, making it clear these are crosses and not charging much. Just money on the side to support my shrimp buying habit. Lol

so, will I get some cool looking babies, or mostly wild colored tigers?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-23-2013, 09:17 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (44/100%)
Congrats on the new tigers!! I have some OEBT in with my tigers and the OEBT are jusssst starting to get to breeding age. I'm cycling a tank to seperate them, but in the mean time one of my tigers has berried recently and it could be from an OEBT male so i'm anxious to hear if anyone knows what they look like.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-23-2013, 09:40 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck5003 View Post
Congrats on the new tigers!! I have some OEBT in with my tigers and the OEBT are jusssst starting to get to breeding age. I'm cycling a tank to seperate them, but in the mean time one of my tigers has berried recently and it could be from an OEBT male so i'm anxious to hear if anyone knows what they look like.
oh awesome!! If it ends up being from an oebt, post pics!
mine are teeny. Got a few months till berries I'm guessing

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-23-2013, 09:47 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (1/100%)
I have known two types of genetic breeders in my day. One is purely scientific, usually works with one male and one or two females. The second goes: "Hmm, I wonder what would happen if?" I find the second type to be generally more interesting, and they get invited to more parties.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-23-2013, 10:16 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjam View Post
I have known two types of genetic breeders in my day. One is purely scientific, usually works with one male and one or two females. The second goes: "Hmm, I wonder what would happen if?" I find the second type to be generally more interesting, and they get invited to more parties.
this answer truly just made my day!
lmao!!
very true, I'm probably gonna go for it, and maybe add some nice tibees too, just for kicks
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-27-2013, 06:13 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (2/100%)
I have.....

Oebt crossed with normal tiger some may come out blue with regular eyes, some will come out blonde with orange eyes and some will come out normal.

This all depends on the strain you have and the existing breeder weaned Out all the defects. But happy keeping
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-27-2013, 05:22 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (2/100%)
Send a message via Yahoo to wicca27
its not so bad now since the price of oebt has come down a fair bit. when they were new people didnt do many crosses just for the fact they cost so much. its always a good idea to get them breeding well before crossing though just in cause you lose some. would be a shame to spend the money and then end up with none later on down the line.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode