any one seen green neo shrimp lately ? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-21-2013, 10:19 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (2/100%)
any one seen green neo shrimp lately ?

i remember a few years back i saw lime/neonish green neos for sale but havent seen them in a wile any one seen them ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-21-2013, 06:08 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (132/100%)
I've been working on my Nessie strain for several years now. I'm hoping to be able to offer some low grade ones this summer, but then again, I thought that last year. heh

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
My thinking has been invert-ed!

post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-21-2013, 10:37 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

no thaTS mot them i think i found then not for sale but reference Green babaulti shrimp http://www.shrimptank.ca/2011/05/gre...shrimp-photos/

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-21-2013, 10:47 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Babaulti are caridina.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-21-2013, 11:10 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

has any one seen any that green as the ones in the link?
@the shrimpress thank you, I hate all the differing terms used to title the same thing
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-21-2013, 11:14 PM
Algae Grower

I have a buddy who is ultra old school, doesn't really sell his shrimp except maybe at the odd swap, and absolutely for no reason will he ever ship. He has some killer neon greens but he lives sort of out in the middle of nowhere, trying to meet up with him to pick up a batch to start breeding since he won't.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-21-2013, 11:21 PM
Algae Grower

Here's a pic he sent me a month and a half ago.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-22-2013, 01:18 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

very nice , they are along the lines of the ones i want , if you start breeding them pm me with a price or , i have painted fire reds and blue velvets to trade
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-22-2013, 01:44 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (78/100%)
Wait, I'm confused. You asked for neon green NEOS, which Soothing showed you his green neo strain he's developing. Then you post a pic of Green babaultis which are NOT neos, they are a different type of shrimp. It's not the same term for a different shrimp, they are different shrimp. Shrimpress, the shrimp you posted a pic of look like babaultis just from what I can tell in the head shape. So, OP, what are you looking for? Babaultis or neos cause they are different types of shrimp. Green and dark green babaultis are easier to find than green neos probably any day of the week

Jaime (yes, I'm a girl)
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-22-2013, 01:56 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

i would prefer neos , but am looking at the more bright/neon green rather than dark earthy green if that makes scene

but there are bright green neos , yes?
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-22-2013, 01:58 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

i guess my main goal is to confirm there are some bright green neos somewhere out there and it wasent just my imagination lol :p
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-22-2013, 02:02 AM
Planted Tank Guru

Bright green? I have seen some emerald, bright greens being developed overseas but nothing readily available. Soothing had a couple of neon/lime green neos but no luck breeding as far as I know (I'm sure he'll come back and chime in). If you found them available right now as far as a neo goes you'd be paying a hefty price tag on it. Babaultis are going to be more like $4-5 a piece but are far more difficult to breed than neos, or rather, I didn't have any luck with them and have heard they are not only difficult to breed but rather slow growers as well.

Jaime (yes, I'm a girl)
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-22-2013, 02:05 AM
Planted Tank Guru

NOt sure if you have to be on FB to see this

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

Jaime (yes, I'm a girl)
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-22-2013, 02:14 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

@ ravensgate thanks for the help , are you saying babaultis are different then caridina ? i saw some bright almost neon green shrimp on local creigslist a few years back and now regret getting some then.
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-22-2013, 02:28 AM
Planted Tank Guru

The genus Caridina encompasses a LOT of freshwater shrimp. It depends on what you mean 'different'. They are not known to cross with other species as far as I know. Here, some of this might help you

http://www.planetinverts.com/Babaulti%20Complex.html

http://shrimpery.com/shrimps/item/green-babaulti

Just look at pics of green babaultis. They aren't shaped like other shrimp in the hobby (not like neos or bees or tiger, etc). Look at the eye placement on their head. They are quite different in many ways. I'm sorry I just don't understand what you mean by 'different'. If you saw 'neon green' shrimp somewhere they were more than likely babaultis if I had to guess.

Jaime (yes, I'm a girl)

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode