What Do YOU Want To See Coming Out of My Tank Room?! - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-19-2013, 08:25 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
What Do YOU Want To See Coming Out of My Tank Room?!

So, I've been kicking around some ideas, and as some of you know, gearing up for a huge refocus on high end cherry breeding, and I was wanting some input. I started selective breeding cherries several years ago, not with the intention of selling, but just because it interested me, and it was something that held my interest over a long period of time (a rarity for me!) What I ended up with was PFR, PFR's with pink stripes, and a few other crazy size and pattern variations. Back then, I wasn't selling anything, and when I finally started selling my PFR, it was before there was a heavy interest in freshwater shrimp, and most weren't willing to pay for a high end cherry. After ordering several upon several "painted fire red" shrimp and getting nothing but fire shrimp at best, it sort of re-ignited my want to put real, honest PFR on the market for others. With that, I want to pose this question to you folk. If you were to buy painted fire shrimp from me, what would be more desirable to you as an individual buyer?
A. Solid, red bodied, full red legged Painted Fire, or
B. "Cadillac" Painted Fire, same as PFR, but with a solid pink stripe running down the back?
Here's a pic of each, which are also in my profile pics along with others. Hopefully your comments here will help influence which of the two I will be focusing on delivering!

Standard PFR

Cadillac PFR

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-19-2013, 08:33 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (18/100%)
Low grade CRS, I know there is a market for them!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-19-2013, 08:46 PM
Planted Member

I actually agree cherry shrimp are a great addition to a clean up crew but cheap low grade cherries are harder to find than the high grade counterparts.

But regular pfr out of the choices.

post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-19-2013, 08:56 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (4/100%)
The regular PFR is my choice. And lower grade CRS too!!

55 gal planted community tank, 46 gal Angel tank, 10 gal planted Cherry tank, 55 gal Angel tank, 20 gal Barb tank, 20 gal soon-to-be Cardinal tank

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-19-2013, 09:00 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Low grade crs? You can pick them up for less than a dollar each on ebay, seems there's a healthy abundance of them there. The "culls" that come out of my tanks usually aren't anything lower than high grade Sakura, and standards are a pretty rare occurrence in my tanks. I could toss them in a tenner and let them have at it, if CRS is something you guys would be interested in...but mainly I'm looking to see what sort of high grade to devote extra tank space and time to.
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-19-2013, 09:10 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (24/100%)
Perhaps you should create a poll but i prefer w/o the line.
post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-19-2013, 09:11 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (78/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Shrimpress View Post
Low grade crs? You can pick them up for less than a dollar each on ebay, seems there's a healthy abundance of them there.

CRS = Crystal Red Shrimp. You asked a question, people aren't reading your whole post they are just answering your question

Jaime (yes, I'm a girl)
post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-19-2013, 09:17 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (18/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Shrimpress View Post
Low grade crs? You can pick them up for less than a dollar each on ebay, seems there's a healthy abundance of them there. The "culls" that come out of my tanks usually aren't anything lower than high grade Sakura, and standards are a pretty rare occurrence in my tanks. I could toss them in a tenner and let them have at it, if CRS is something you guys would be interested in...but mainly I'm looking to see what sort of high grade to devote extra tank space and time to.
Please PM me next time you see CRS for less than a dollar!!!

Cheapest I've ever seen them is $3/each shipped.

post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-19-2013, 09:29 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (78/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmas_one View Post
Please PM me next time you see CRS for less than a dollar!!!

Cheapest I've ever seen them is $3/each shipped.

She thinks you're talking about RCS. LOL...talk about confusing each other!

Jaime (yes, I'm a girl)
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-19-2013, 09:30 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)
A. Solid, red bodied, full red legged Painted Fire

Super opaque and LARGE.
post #11 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-19-2013, 09:56 PM
Qwe
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (7/100%)
I'd prefer the solid A choice in my tanks...
post #12 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-19-2013, 10:09 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (7/100%)
Are you seeing that stripe on the males too?

post #13 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-19-2013, 10:26 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

LOL Jeebus, what a lame job I am. Sorry, I am fried! I'm talking about RCS, not crystal....
post #14 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-19-2013, 10:28 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (6/100%)
Quote:
What Do YOU Want To See Coming Out of My Tank Room?!
Oh I could of had soo much fun with that question...Seems alot of people are looking for different colored neo, orange, PFR, yellow, orange rili etc. As far as just PFR that racing stripe really annoys some people, so I'd have to say one without the racing stripe.

You shouldn't take life to seriously. You'll never get out alive.
post #15 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-19-2013, 10:37 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0live View Post
Are you seeing that stripe on the males too?
It's not as common, but I am seeing a very small number that have the same line, but not as pronounced. As you probably know, males don't carry color intensity like females do, and most of my male PFR look like extremely high grade Fire Reds, a smaller number actually look like PFR, and all of them have solid red legs, regardless of opacity.

PFR male with heavy PFR coloration

Male is right above PFR female, has deep PFR color, but fire opacity-

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode