35Shrimps Interview & Gallery - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-30-2013, 05:54 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Send a message via MSN to GEM 35shrimps
Thumbs up 35Shrimps Interview & Gallery

Hello guys!

Its been a while since I last update my shrimps photo, a lot had happen to the community in asia and our farm. We had a chance to participate in two International contest, one in Germany and another in Thailand and luckily received two medals, 2nd runner up for CRS in Germany and Special prize in Thailand. Also updated our photo collection, finished our website, facebook and had a great opportunity for an interview with Imke of Shrimpsider.
She is kind enough and allowed me to post the entire interview about our farm here and I really do hope some the interview helps you in your shrimps breeding too.

Hope you enjoy the shrimps. Comments are welcome.

This girl went to the contest in Germany, sadly she only has one day to regain her beauty before the judgement and receive only bronze prize, A serious breeder from Switzerland brought her after the contest and now breeding her babies there! I doubt she might be one of the top 3 living PRL in europe right now.

And here the interview.

Q: 35shrimps is an uncommon idea for a shrimp name. Can you please explain the idea behind?

35Shrimps: The farm started by three friends who share the same passion in beautiful red bee shrimps, three of us were studied in the same elementary school in the class of 35, therefore we name our lineage so.

Q: When did you start with your own line and is it a pure line?

35Shrimps: The very first 35shrimps lineage can trace back to 2006, on the very first Thailand Redbee competition, redbee of Ajayut “Map” won the contest in the biggest class “Open” – so we continue selective breeding using the bloodline from the winner of the contest mixing with pure japanese and taiwanese redbee to achieve our goal in term of beauty, strength and survival rate of the babies.

35Shrimps: Apparently we only do Red, but we have a plan to working on Black as well.

Q: What is your breeding philosophy and goal? On which special characteristics do you focus?

35Shrimps: The most priority is that our shrimps need to be strong and possible for customer to breed and stay on the same quality and improving from the parents as well as the ruby red and luminous thick crackless white. The legs need to be all red or half red half white. The figure need to be gigantic and the proportion between head and body need to be perfect. These shrimps also need to be strong enough to breed in another tank, with different breeder and can suffered a long journey during a continental shipping.

Q: How is the offspring survival rate?

35Shrimps: It depends on the environment of the tank that one use to breed them, for our own tank in the farm the number is around 87-95percent ,however it depend on shrimps quality.

Q: How should potential buyers keep you shrimp? Must they have special equipment and knowledge?

35Shrimps: Basic knowledge in redbee keeping is required, however amateurs can breed our shrimps as well as pro, every customer will get our direct e-mail address for any breeding question and an quick answer from us.

Q: Can you please describe an optimal set up (tank size, filtration, lights, soil, plants/moss)?

35Shrimps: The standard set up We recommend to our friends is a 60cm tank with 3-5L canister filter. 0.5watt/L light intensity with ADA or Benibachi soil.

Q: What about the water parameter and water changes?

35Shrimps: Most of our tanks share the same water parameter of pH 5.5-5.8 GH4 TDS 120. We rarely do water change – maybe once in 6 months, we only added them.

Q: Which diet do you recommend and which food do you feed?

35Shrimps: We recommend clean boiled Spinach, but dried food is OK as well as it is clean and fresh. We have our own Spinach field in the northern-east part of Thailand where the atmosphere is colder and the environment is non toxic. Our vegetable are toxic free and raise without any use of Chemical products.

Q: Please list the additives and supplements you find useful for your breeding?

35Shrimps: Nothing special but we take very good care of it. We somehow add some minerals like grey stone also bacteria and enzymes to simulate high breeding and survival rate. Covering of small amount of water filling and changing for shrimps to adapt themselves to water condition.

Q: Unexpected shrimp deaths in a cycled aquarium are the most complicated problem in shrimp keeping. What is your advise or emergency plan for our readers, when they experience casualties? Where should they start looking for any error?

35Shrimps: These problems are quite complicate. Shrimps health and their lineage are two of the important reasons of unexplained death. Check your water parameter first, GH and TDS should be somewhere between 3-7 and 90-200 respectively. The change in pH during the day or after Water change is also important. Shrimps keeper bad habit is an overlook reason too, inspect your action to the tank before the start of an unexplained death, what did you feed, how you mineralize your tank or introduce new product to your cycle Tank with short established time will suffered from NH4 and NO3 problem, and those are too long cycled with expired soil will no longer control the acidity and alkalinity of the water. These are all problematic and we encourage to reset the tank instantly.

Best
Gem 35shrimps
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-30-2013, 06:03 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (32/100%)
Wow and thank you for sharing.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-30-2013, 06:22 PM
The Security Dude

PTrader: (116/100%)
Fantastic! Great advice and amazing shrimp!

55 Planted Rummys,2 GBR,8 Corys,4 Discus PFR Culls
Many shrimp tanks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Finnex Pimp #8

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-30-2013, 07:10 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (87/100%)
thanks for sharing the great advice
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-30-2013, 07:31 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (132/100%)
Nice read. Thanks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
My thinking has been invert-ed!

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-30-2013, 08:03 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (14/100%)
Thanks for doing the interview and sharing it.

I love imke's blog.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-30-2013, 09:35 PM
Invert Warrior

PTrader: (14/100%)
35Shrimps Interview & Gallery

Great to hear from you. Wonderful shrimp. I'd love to know when/where you sell your shrimp lol.

*Retired for now*
|
|
|
|
|
|My Tanks ʌ | Shrimp advice v|
|
|
|
|
|
Mark A Belcher Junior, founder --
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-30-2013, 11:17 PM
The Security Dude

No one in the US yet, I know Max is on the waiting list

Many shrimp tanks

Finnex Pimp #8
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-14-2013, 05:26 AM
The Security Dude

35Shrimps Interview & Gallery

I wonder when we will get some of these state side

Sent from my iPad 3 using Tapatalk HD

Many shrimp tanks

Finnex Pimp #8
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-14-2013, 10:08 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (177/100%)
I love reading this thread and wish you guys great success in bringing the blacks to this level of quality. America has very little access to japanese grade shrimp and your photos are always a pleasure to see.

"I am Groot", the faithful protector
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-14-2013, 11:11 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (4/100%)
Great Interview I am brand new to CRS and the interview was a huge plus to reinforce the knowlege base I am building on to be successful in the hobby.

Jason

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode