• 2 Post By Griznatch
  • 2 Post By Zoidburg
  • 1 Post By Griznatch

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-09-2020, 05:04 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Blue Dream Shrimplets!

Just wanted to share a quick video of all the little shrimplets I have swimming around in my 10G.
It's not a very pretty tank for sure, but they seem to be pretty happy in there.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHYKEbmH..._web_copy_link

If anyone knows how to embed an instagram video, let me know. The embed link that instagram gave me wasn't accepted by the forum software.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-09-2020, 05:33 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboto View Post
Just wanted to share a quick video of all the little shrimplets I have swimming around in my 10G.
It's not a very pretty tank for sure, but they seem to be pretty happy in there.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHYKEbmH..._web_copy_link

If anyone knows how to embed an instagram video, let me know. The embed link that instagram gave me wasn't accepted by the forum software.
Ahhhhh- what cuties! Congrats!
Roboto likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Amy
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-09-2020, 07:59 PM
Algae Grower

much prettier than my 10 gallon shrimp tanks
Roboto likes this.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-09-2020, 09:09 PM
snails are your friend

PTrader: (13/100%)
Congrats! Looks like a shrimp tank to me. They aren't any happier in a perfect aquascape!
Roboto likes this.

Nothing good happens fast in an ecosystem.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-09-2020, 10:21 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Well. I do have a 20g cube waterbox on the way that I couldn't resist from a sale they had last Friday/Saturday (20% off).

So... In a couple months (after the shrimplets are older and the 20G has had some time running to establish itself) all the shrimp will be getting a prettier home. And some oto friends.

I got into this for the fish and plants, but I have to say I'm really enjoying the shrimp the most. They are good little workers.

Bump: Any tips for helping survival rate?

I feed them powder (bacter ae) every few days.
I'm just changing out a quart of water every other day to get the 10% weekly and reduce shock. (remineralized RO)
Only running a sponge filter.

They're 9-10 days old. Should I be expecting most to survive at this point? I have no experience with shrimplets.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-09-2020, 10:53 PM
Algae Grower

The blue babies look awesome!

I got some a few months ago, and they hid until just recently. I have them in a 55 with a lot of plants and hiding places. About 3 weeks ago I noticed some little blue specks and now they are all over including the adults. I think it just takes time for them to get comfortable, and pretty soon you have an army of shrimp.
Roboto likes this.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-09-2020, 11:05 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griznatch View Post
The blue babies look awesome!

I got some a few months ago, and they hid until just recently. I have them in a 55 with a lot of plants and hiding places. About 3 weeks ago I noticed some little blue specks and now they are all over including the adults. I think it just takes time for them to get comfortable, and pretty soon you have an army of shrimp.
I was running two sponge filters, one of which created a lot of water movement. Once I stopped the turbulent filter they all came out and have been partying ever since.
They aren't shy at all and they're only 10 days old.

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-09-2020, 11:23 PM
Algae Grower

My adults were the shy ones. I think the initial shyness was from the 10 Glowlight Danios I had in there. They got moved to the 75 gallon and now everyone's happier.
Nuthatch and Roboto like this.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-10-2020, 12:26 AM
Planted Tank Guru

Best to be careful about feeding Bacter AE as I've heard that it can cause deaths.

Babies can eat the same as the adults so special food is not required... good ol' algae/vegetables and a protein source is suitable!
Blue Ridge Reef and Roboto like this.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-10-2020, 12:50 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griznatch View Post
My adults were the shy ones. I think the initial shyness was from the 10 Glowlight Danios I had in there. They got moved to the 75 gallon and now everyone's happier.
Ha! I have danios and they are the most annoying fish. They eat everything faster than everyone and they're always sprinting around pissing everyone off.
I keep them by themselves now in the quarantine tank only to get visitors when someone new is coming in. And I have to net them to feed the new fish too sometimes.

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-23-2020, 01:30 AM
Algae Grower

LOL, too true.. I was going to get CPDs but they ended up being in quarantine, so I substituted the glowlights.. Man are they spazzy!
Roboto likes this.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode