• 1 Post By Zoidburg
  • 2 Post By en7jos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-10-2020, 10:15 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
Green fungus in neocaradina

Hi All,

Just spotted some green fungus starting on one of my Sunkist orange neos. Whipped the little fellow out into an isolation tank straight away and hoping that this is an isolated case. Had this on one shrimp in a different tank in the past which sadly died (but I did spend about a month thinking it was just berried!), but thankfully it never spread.

I'm currently doing a 1.5ml / 4.5 litre hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) treatment in the main tank as a precaution, and at a slightly higher dose in the isolation tank too - Marks Shrimp tank suggested this cures green fungus in one of his videos.

I'll follow up with Seachem Paraguard in the isolation tank later.

But just wanted to ask if anyone has any recent experience, success or more up to date advice regarding treatment please? Most articles online are either quite old, or just re-hashings of the same old articles.

Best article so far seems to be:
https://aquariumbreeder.com/ellobiop...n-shrimp-tank/

Thanks in advance, James

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-10-2020, 12:38 PM
Planted Member

hearing about parasitic algae for the first time. There is a new learning each day. Thanks for sharing the link to the article. I hope you are able to treat it successfully.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zoidburg and IKeepShrimp like this.

External links aren't permitted - please stop adding the link when we remove it
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-11-2020, 05:31 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Anything that mentions Cladogonium ogishimae will have the most updated information.

Best method of treatment? I've seen several recommendations, including garlic soaked food... so I'm not really sure there...
en7jos likes this.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-12-2020, 03:33 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Thanks @Zoidburg

I'm hoping I only have a single shrimp affected at the moment and he/she is in isolation and being hit with daily H2O2, Paraguard and MetroPlex (metronidazole) doses. I'm working on the basis that this is fairly terminal if untreated, so I would rather throw everything I have available at the poor little fellow from day 1, rather than it having a long drawn out slow demise.

Also going to do daily H2O2 treatments in the main tank as a precaution as if nothing else, it will hopefully help clear the hair algae from my moss wall.

Fingers crossed it hasn't spread as this tank has recently bloomed with babies!
Blue Ridge Reef and Zoidburg like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-13-2020, 12:24 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Sadly this little shrimp didn't make it and was on it's back this morning in the isolation tank. Maybe the triple treatment approach was too much - I certainly didn't under-dose any of them - or maybe the shrimp was weak already. There was a fair clump of the green algae at the front of the swimmerets that was definitely causing mobility issues, and some lift tufts at the back too. It didn't seem to have gotten any worse during the 3-4 days of intense treatment, but there was certainly no noticeable improvement either.

Fingers crossed that someone figures out a reliable treatment plan soon!

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode