Shrimp with weird coloration and then disappeared - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-07-2020, 07:34 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
Shrimp with weird coloration and then disappeared

Hi everyone! This is my first time posting.

So I've had 2 Amanos and 4 Neocaridinas for 3 months now. I have a planted no-filter tank. I've dealt with Vorticella and Scutariella Japonica (already fought off), but otherwise that the shrimps seem very healthy. They have bred and I have around 20 baby shrimps.

A few days ago I discovered that this shrimp had a weird coloration (I have Blue Diamonds), I thought it was just a color change but the next day I noticed that the shrimp didn't eat, acted weird and had a tic in her front arms if that makes sense. She didn't seem healthy. I researched info about this online but I couldn't find anything. The water parameters were fine. I took this picture:

Yesterday I didn't saw the shrimp. I looked EVERYWHERE for them to hide and it was not there. Today I just accepted she died... But I can't explain how she disappeared like that. Maybe the other shrimps eat the corpse? That fast?

If anyone would help me identify the cause so this doesn't happen again... Is it any type of disease? Thank you so much in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-08-2020, 04:50 AM
Algae Grower

Could it be muscular necrosis? That claw doesn't look normal.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-09-2020, 03:28 PM Thread Starter

Is it? The images I've seen seem to have a white opaque color, while she was tranparent and with a pale color. If it's muscular necrosis, what can I do to prevent it?

Today I've found a dead baby shrimp, and another adult seems to be going to the same path as the other... Not eating, resting in a leaf... Almost not moving and when doing so with a weird small movements. What sould I do? I'm really worried I love my shrimps so much

Tags
shrimp, shrimp disappearing, shrimp disease, weird coloration, white spots

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode