What you favorite snail and why? - Page 3 - The Planted Tank Forum
 20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 36 (permalink) Old 02-13-2020, 01:50 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
I have 5 nerite in my cichlid tank. They're very cool looking and hard workers, but no real personality.

I have some free ram snails and I have to admit I spend time watching them. They're so much more entertaining than I could have imagined.

Check out the one I call "Turbo" pretending hes in a circus, walking a tightrope of hair algae. The further out he got the more the tightrope wobbled, so he turned and went back haha
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200128_205000_1581558540561.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	277.9 KB
ID:	893339  

Name:	20200128_205036_1581558581984.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	225.3 KB
ID:	893341  

Name:	20200128_210554_1581558630037.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	228.1 KB
ID:	893343  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 36 (permalink) Old 02-13-2020, 02:10 AM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grobbins48 View Post
Yup, exactly that! Thanks for sharing.

Ramshorn may be the right direction for me.
Yeah, you can't really remove those little white eggs either. Not sure what kind of industrial glue they use but it's tough.

I made the choice to keep this guy in my 10 gallon betta tank and not move him into my new 29 gallon because I don't like seeing the eggs all over the place. I'd rather see "pest" snails because at least I can pull them out when there are too many.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
post #33 of 36 (permalink) Old 02-13-2020, 11:47 AM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness View Post

Check out the one I call "Turbo" pretending hes in a circus, walking a tightrope of hair algae. The further out he got the more the tightrope wobbled, so he turned and went back haha
That's hilarious!

Last edited by gnovince; 02-13-2020 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Mobile issue

post #34 of 36 (permalink) Old 02-13-2020, 01:33 PM
Wannabe Guru

I have nerites in my Spec V and really have grown to dislike their egg laying habits. I have blue ramshorn snails in my other tanks and vastly prefer them. They reproduce fairly quickly but that doesn't bother me, I am happy to have the extra algae removal help.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #35 of 36 (permalink) Old 02-15-2020, 02:58 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (36/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by minorhero View Post
I have nerites in my Spec V and really have grown to dislike their egg laying habits. I have blue ramshorn snails in my other tanks and vastly prefer them. They reproduce fairly quickly but that doesn't bother me, I am happy to have the extra algae removal help.

I'll happily buy extra blue footed blue ramshorns off you! I just wish it wasn't below freezing AAAAAHHHHH, maybe in spring.

Due to photobuckets new bs cost for use of images on forums I have deleted all photobucket accounts. I apologize if you enjoyed or found my photos helpful.
Starting to update these threads

~
~
~
~
post #36 of 36 (permalink) Old 02-15-2020, 11:43 PM
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grobbins48 View Post
I feel like my hesitation with nerites is the eggs they lay. They are the ones that make tanks look like an Auntie Anne's Pretzel, right??
I recently "rehomed" my two nerite snails for that reason ! They were very busy & attractive snails, however they laid millions of eggs everywhere. The eggs are like cement, and I have had to scrape everything with a razor blade. Now I have 4 tiny assassins, they are lovely !

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode