1Likes
  • 1 Post By Zoidburg

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-07-2019, 07:43 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Am I Grandpa yet?

Ok so here is the backstory.

I set up my hitech 20 gallon long tank. I added some locally bred RCS and CRS. I also had some Amano there. But one night, I accidentally gassed them. It was heartbreaking. I am willing to bet that there were no survivors. This point will be important later on.

Anyway, I didnt give up. I went and get some more Cherry shrimp from Petco as I couldnt afford to spend as much as before. One of the female were berried. It was about 2 months ago. I knew she wouldnt be able to do much as its a new environment.

I have also added some fish to this tank. I understand that they will gobble up some of the babies. I also understand that they will make my shrimp hide more.

Anyway, long story short, last night, I was able to see 8 baby shrimp. I also saw some young, red shrimp. I know they are Cherries. But the babies, they have no color. They are all brown with transparent body. Kind of like Glass shrimp, but not really.

Here is the question - Am I done waiting for baby shrimp? These babies, they can not be RCS. Although I did not check every inch of my tank when accident happened, but I am pretty sure that none of my RCS or Ammanos survived. I google for baby cherry shrimp but didnt really see much there.

I took some photos last night, I do apologize for the poor quality of them. i just want to know if these are next generation of Cherries.

Thanks bunch.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	900D0862-DB12-4CA5-BE17-677F8ABF0A9A.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	280.7 KB
ID:	889055  

Name:	776B5B30-6C1D-4D68-822D-A8177AD0C46E.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	229.0 KB
ID:	889057  

Name:	E32E9BE7-AC27-4BED-A340-E0F2CA4CFE9C.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	233.5 KB
ID:	889059  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-07-2019, 07:56 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)
Maybe the red female that you purchased was knocked up by another color... hence the "wild type" looking shrimp...
Blue Ridge Reef likes this.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode