Selling red cherry shrimp? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 03:29 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)
Selling red cherry shrimp?

Is selling red cherry shrimp a possibility on here? I was curiois if anyone sells them on here since they breed Aparently so easily. I was looking into getting some and I trust the people on here more than the fish stores available to me. When shipped do they ship ok? Or do you have to do one day shipping. And what are good prices to look for? I've seen in fish stores around me for about 3 dollars a piece I think.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 02:17 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)
There are forums for buying, selling and trading stuff on here.

https://www.plantedtank.net/forums/#members-forums

I've never shipped shrimp, but I have had YKK and Opae Ula's shipped to me. All shipped just priority mail. All arrived without any casualties. It can happen though... where shrimp freeze to death or even cooked in bag... but if shipper is experienced, this can be avoided.

I've honestly had better luck with YKK's than I have had with Neos, regardless of where the Neos came from... but that's a complicated subject... lol

$1-$3 from a breeder, depending on quality, is what I'd expect for most. Max may be $5 per shrimp.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 05:58 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Thanks for the heads up. I fisnt want to post in WTB just yet because still researching and making decisions though I'm ptetty sure my tank is ready. I have bought lots of plants on here already and very happy so far. Just havent ever seen anyone selling cherry shrimp in the 6 months or so I've been actively on hete.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 02:40 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
Where you located? I know there are usually one or two in the CL ads in the Seattle area that sell shrimp, probably about 3-5 that sell plants. I ended up getting my shrimps at LFSs and it worked out.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 01:37 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

I'm in central Illinois. Ive checked the local areas and have yet to find active people close by that gather to trade and sell to each other.

Bump: I'm in central Illinois. Ive checked the local areas and have yet to find active people close by that gather to trade and sell to each other.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode