Where to buy shrimp - The Planted Tank Forum
 1Likes
  • 2 Post By Zoidburg

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-16-2018, 03:43 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
Where to buy shrimp

Hi everyone im new around here.
I have had some cherry shrimp in a 10 gallon years ago but always wanted to get some Crystal red shrimp .
Where is the best place to get them and how different would the care be from cherries?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-17-2018, 02:09 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (9/100%)
CRS are a bit more finicky than cherries and have different water parameter requirements. I would definitely do some research and be sure you want to aliens the time on getting to and maintain the right requirements. I had a pretty good experience with Alpha Pro Breeders and I know that Flip Aquatics is an awesome breeder and vendor of all kinds of shrimp. Rob has a bunch of videos on YouTube that will help you learn about freshwater shrimp keeping.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-17-2018, 03:44 AM
Planted Tank Guru

There are people on this forum who sell shrimp (for sale section!) or even many breeders who sell home-bred shrimp.

Be sure you get a buffering substrate that lowers the pH (ADA, SL-Aqua, Prodibio, Controsoil.... would not recommend Fluval), RO water (RO unit, or buying from a store) and GH+ minerals. You'll need liquid GH and KH test kits, if you don't have them already plus a TDS meter. If the TDS meter doesn't come with a calibration solution, be sure you get that as well from the same company as the TDS meter.
jmontee and jmontee like this.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-17-2018, 09:26 PM
Algae Grower

I would definitely recommend buying from forum people. Aside from TPT there is a shrimp forum where people sell shrimp. Usually you'll get healthier shrimp as well as a better price when you buy from individuals on forums.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-19-2018, 03:35 AM
Algae Grower

Try checking Online Freshwater Shrimp Shop or the Shrimp Tank. You can find your best shrimp products there.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode