• 4 Post By clownplanted
  • 2 Post By Stacy1
  • 4 Post By natemcnutty

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-05-2017, 01:36 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
CRS babies

I bought 20 CRS from @natemcnutty in June. They arrived all alive and well. They were high quality S-grade CRS without any signs of illness. Since Nathan used different water parameters, it took a couple hours to drip-adjust to my aquarium condition:
Temp: 75F
pH: 6.5
GH: 6-7
KH: 0-2
Nitrite/Nitrate: 0
First female was berried at the end of July. Then I notices some CRS shrimplets in the past 2 weeks, but they were too small to show with my phone camera. Today I got a good look at one shrimplet next to an adult - I quickly snapped a picture - showing how small they are
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1759.JPG
Views:	39
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	787058  

Attached Images

20G shrimp tank
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-05-2017, 01:59 AM
Planted Tank Guru

You are not the only one with success from buying from @natemcnutty I have bought twice from him and I have yet to lose a single CRS. I bought a total of 20 from him and now have around 100 babies running around in the tank. Looking good

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-05-2017, 02:22 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

I forgot to mention that water quality and stability are the two most important factors in shrimp care.

I use RO / DI water filtration system (iSpring RCC7D Reverse Osmosis Water Filter System w/ deionizer filter) for both household drinking water and aquarium water.

I adjust GH with Salty Shrimp Bee Shrimp Mineral GH+ according to the instructions on the label. No KH is required for CRS.

I found this is the most reliable way to ensure water quality and stability. I stopped checking GH/KH with commercial kits after observing normal behavior, good growth/molting, and no death.

20G shrimp tank

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-05-2017, 02:27 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (7/100%)
Congrats on the new babies! !!!
milingmiles and milingmiles like this.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-05-2017, 02:44 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (13/100%)
I am so glad to hear they are doing well for you guys. It's probably because I toughened them up with my crappy water and then sent them on to a better place

Unfortunately, I'm dealing with the fallout of my wife using cleaning chemicals, scotch guard, and who knows what else in the room with the tanks... Lost at least 50 so far, but I've learned some things along the way.

First, a lid does help immensely. Apparently, my wife has been doing this for a long time, but I forgot to put the lid back on after water changes, and she did her usual cleaning while I was at work.

Second, clean the canister filter along with water changes when dealing with pathogens and diseases. I should have known this...

Third, while cleaning said canister, I found out that the Eheim prefilter is too coarse for shrimplets, or at least parts of shrimp... I found chunks of dead shrimp in the ceramic rings probably just spewing bacteria into the rest of the tank.

Finally, it will be at least three months before I can give away or sell any more shrimp, lol. At least my wife learned am important lesson, and I know a couple people that I can always order some back from if I ever needed

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode