The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - What deficiency and plant ID - with pics
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-14-2015, 06:51 AM
Raymond S.
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (6/100%)
It's also a serious amount over the Copper on the list from Zorfox. Even to the point that
I would wonder if a shrimp could survive in there.
Is there some reason that you just don't get the CSM+B and use all of the ingredients
from the list ?
I understand the reason for the K2SO4. I use the 5/10g dosing from that list, but I switch the proportions of the KNO3 and the K2SO4 for the same reason you do. Except
that I don't have that much plants and they just aren't using it up so it builds on me.
I also reduce the amount to 2 ml, but dose that twice a week to spread out the Micros.
I just use Excel but I know the micros only last about 2 or 3 days. Add that to my lower
level of plants and 2ml of both the macros and micros dosed twice a week instead of three is what seems to work in my tank well.
But you would eliminate that as a problem if you switched to CSM+B for your micros.
Since the dosing list is based on CSM+B and at least two of the ingredients are off by quite a bit says it may be what is wrong. Only changing that will prove one way or
the other.

The shortest distance between any two points is a straight line...in the opposite direction...

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome