The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - iAqua: My Touch Interface Aquarium Controller (Arduino)
View Single Post
post #1347 of (permalink) Old 11-02-2015, 01:54 AM
MrMan
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkcinek View Post
Amazing project, just setting up my aquarium and will start assembling this project.
Wondering Alphabet and MrMan if there would be possibility to add ethernet shield/wifi shield, ESP8266 etc?
It would be very handy to see and control aquarium when away with a mobile device or pc connected to Internet.
thank you !
I don't have any plans to add ethernet/wifi, but the codes there so if you're up to learning Arduino it could be done. Lots of people here that would be willing to help out i'm sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingHDTV View Post
I've made some progress. Between Digikey sending me the wrong parts, and then the correct parts getting shipped from MN to TX, via Honolulu, I finally got them.

I'm using MrMan's board. He had some extras so I just bought one from him. Putting it together wasn't too bad. I did build a solder reflow oven as many of the parts are SMD. That helped a ton! I couldn't imagine soldering the small tri-state drivers.

I've almost finished the outlets and relay. I used the Mr DJ PCS200 that O2Surplus used. You can get them at Fry's for $25 and they have room for the relay board. You can also use the physical switch as well. I really liked that.

The only other issue I hit was trying to use a 16MB SDCARD. For whatever reason it can't be read by the arduino. So I ended up using a 8GB one I had laying around. Wish I could figure out how to get the small one working

david
Looks good! Don't forget to jumper the V+ of the relay signals to either 5V or 12V, that was done so you can use either voltage relay board. If you don't have a proper jumper you could just solder a wire between them.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome