Join Date: May 2015
Location: Central Illinois
Well I have started the build and calamity strikes. The wife wanted driftwood so we picked up a nice piece attached to slate. The piece is attached to slate. It is also a little tall. My solution was to put it directly on the bottom then cover with soil and BDBS. We started filling the tank and the damn wood had enough buoyancy to pull itself out of the substrate. I now have a dirt filled mess. I am going to pull the top layer of sand in the affected area and try to clean it. I am more worried about the osmocote+ I lined the bottom with free floating in the water. We will see what happens today. This happened at 1am this morning so I gave up and will try again today. Real bummer because the tank was looking pretty nice. Lesson learned.