The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Citric acid and baking soda.
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-17-2015, 09:04 PM
Steve001
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by manif001 View Post
Hello all

I will be switching my Diy yeast method over to citric acid baking soda this weekend.

I have read a lot about the recipe and it calls for 200 gram baking soda with 200 ml water and 200 gram citric acid with 600 ml water. Which is a 1 to 1 ration and a 1 to 3 ratio.

My question is could I keep the same ratios and just bump up the mixture to get a longer production time?

Just weird I haven't seen or heard about somebody doing that so I figured there has to bs a reason.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Way back in the late 80's or early 90's I met Diana Walstad and I told her about using vinegar and baking soda. The means I was using to make co2. Yeast was the only method I recall talked about back then. Yeast sounded and still does soooo frickin' laborious. She wasn't impressed and wondered how I controlled the co2 amount generated. Anyway my point is I didn't do anything special. I simply dripped drop by drop vinegar onto a pile of dry baking soda. What I used to control the drip rate was a medical IV valve resembling this one.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome