Ted's Fishroom - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-30-2015, 12:03 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (1/100%)
Ted's Fishroom

Just visited Ted of Ted's Fishroom in Stoughton. Of course, it had to be on the day of the first significant snowfall of the year. In short, he is a really great guy. I bought 6 healthy and plump C. loxozonus from him. Really great fish at a really great price! If you're in the area and are looking for good fish, I would highly recommend Ted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-08-2016, 07:44 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Cool, didn't know he allowed visitors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-08-2016, 09:00 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (9/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agr414 View Post
Cool, didn't know he allowed visitors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Neither did I (not that I would take a quick drive from NY to visit though)! But, Ted is an awesome guy. Loves to give as much info as he can and is an absolute pleasure to do business with. I've never had a seller tell me they wouldn't send me something because of a failure on their end and their fear that a fish might be sick. Ted asked me to hold off another week so he could continue monitoring his stock after a furnace failure left him with no heat in the fishroom.

Rich's Fishes
Curator of an ever growing fishroom that currently houses 30 different tanks. Most full of at least water....some even have fish!

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-09-2016, 02:14 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

I was there when his furnace went down. His fishroom retained a lot of heat on a colder day. But yes, he allows pickup when you order from his site. With him being only a 20 min drive, it was a no brainer. He sent me home with 6 C. loxozonus, and told me that if I had any issues with any of them, to let him know. I lost one, and he's working with me to get it replaced. Really upstanding guy. He is a true hobbyist and awesome person. He's got a whole series of youtube videos covering different aspects of fishkeeping. Really awesome.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-14-2016, 04:18 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Just an update for those that may not know, Ted's Fishroom is clearing out his tock and shutting down the Stock shop on his website

Makes me really sad since the fish that I did buy from him were all really great.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-14-2016, 06:04 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (9/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissCheeseHead View Post
Just an update for those that may not know, Ted's Fishroom is clearing out his tock and shutting down the Stock shop on his website

Makes me really sad since the fish that I did buy from him were all really great.
From the way I took it Ted is downsizing and moving his operation back to his house; but wont be disappearing! (I hope anyway because I too have had nothing but great experiences purchasing from him!)

Rich's Fishes
Curator of an ever growing fishroom that currently houses 30 different tanks. Most full of at least water....some even have fish!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-14-2016, 06:09 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by lksdrinker View Post
From the way I took it Ted is downsizing and moving his operation back to his house; but wont be disappearing! (I hope anyway because I too have had nothing but great experiences purchasing from him!)
True but I think he'll only be blogging about the hobby but not actually selling anything.

From his April Newletter:

Hello Everyone,

All things come to an end, and that time has come for the retail stock shop on TedsFishroom.com . I am in the process of moving my fish room back to the house, dowsizing quite a bit, and going back to being more of a hobbyist. The warehouse experiment was fun, but not worth the little income it provided. Time to hang it up.

The stock shop website will be going offline soon, but I need to closeout as much of the fish food inventory as I can. So the special this month is 30% all fish foods (Repashy Superfood and Paradigm Fish Food). The discount will also work on the ceramic feeding discs.

Fish are not discounted. I have very little inventory left, but also have plenty of space to take it home. Whatever has not sold before I shut off the retail website will end up in the hobby fish room.

Thank you all for your support. This is not the end of the TedsFishroom.com blog site. In fact, there are some new and interesting opportunities to travel more coming soon, which is a big reason I am switching gears and going away from the retail. Looks for some new blog content soon!

Best regards,

Ted

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode