The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Milwaukee MA 957 CO2 Regulator Instuctions
View Single Post
post #15 of (permalink) Old 09-01-2015, 07:17 PM
FatherLandDescendant
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bereninga View Post
The above instructions say to regulate the pressure as close as possible w/ the larger knob and while keeping the needle valve open. I thought the more important factor is the BBM, not the pressure read-out. At least that's what I got from the earlier posts.
Some diffusers need a minimum pressure to operate, so yes working pressure (right hand gauge) can matter in certain applications. If you close the needle valve just until it stops (DO NOT tighten it after it stops), turn on the tank, then turn the center knob until the right hand gauge gets to the operating pressure you want, then open the needle valve to the bubble count you want, you'll be set.

If you follow their directions you'll be forever trying to get the regulator set to a stable pressure and bubble count. Following their directions, when the solenoid closes the pressure in the regulator will go up, when it opens it'll dump a CO2 charge then taper off. This can be a problem for those who run controllers, we (I do at lest) who run controllers often run them right on the verge of gassing our fish, that sudden dump can succeed in doing just that.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome