The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Nano Experiment
Thread: Nano Experiment
View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 04-01-2003, 01:24 AM Thread Starter
Buck

PTrader: (3/100%)
Thankyou Stacy... I fixed the link on my page. Also thats a great idea on how to ID these plants (if they work out)

__________________________________________________ ___________

That plant is definately not hornwort...its just a weed like corvus says it could be foxtail or a type of...
I know we have foxtail in some of the lakes around here but it is a different variety then this. Really sucks getting it in the prop ! :lol:

Kai,
That soil I used is just really dark pond bottom that I dug up and did nothing to... this is all for fun and learning... and so far its been real fun.

Tank Update
Those grass clumps are outta control and have almost reached the top allready and they dont look like they plan to slow down much... :roll:
Now I'm thinking of how tall they get...hmmm :idea:
For now though I will just prune them back. I do not want to disturb the seedlings I have coming out of the soil... I have another 10 or so seedlings coming up! (foreground type plant?)
Dont laugh... without Mr Amano, we never would have thought to use a "native weed" like Riccia fluitans and turn it into one of the most "sought after" Aquarium Plants? :lol: :lol:

But Im having a blast with this tank... its like Xmas in there... ya never know what ya gonna get

Dang ! Wheres My Camera !

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome