Seattle has finally arrived; we have a store with ADA products! - The Planted Tank Forum
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-08-2014, 10:51 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (64/100%)
Seattle has finally arrived; we have a store with ADA products!

Hi All,

Seattle has finally made it on the map; we have a store selling ADA products including tanks, accessories, etc. Over the last six years there has been a steady increase of planted aquarium enthusiasts here in the area, and in the local club (GSAS). This interest resulted in the club hosting speakers such as Karen Randall of Aquatic Gardener's Association (twice), Tom Barr, and Christal Kasselmann (yes from Germany); and now we have a store in the Seattle area with AGA products.

The store is located near the downtown area and although not a mega store has a good selection of AGA products, Mr. Aqua products, fish, and plants. The tanks are wonderfully aquascaped with beautiful, healthy, and unusual plant species that you don't see at the typical LFS.

The name of the store is Aquarium Zen, they have a Facebook page with great pictures of some of their tanks I encourage you to check them out. I am not affiliated with the store, just an enthusiastic customer.

Roy_________
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

75 Gallon, 2X55W AH Supply CF 8800K, 1XFluval F&P 2.0; 45 Gallon Tall, 96Watt AH Supply CF 6700K; 30 Gallon Long; Fluval F&P 2.0; 20 Gallon, 1X26W AH Supply LED; all with CO2 and (Calcined) Montmorillonite Clay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-09-2014, 12:45 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Love the store!!
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-09-2014, 04:38 AM
Algae Grower

Amazing! I will definitely check it out on my next trip down

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-10-2014, 02:57 AM
Algae Grower

Last week my Local Fish Store owner suggested I travel over the Mountains (from Tri-Cities) to check it out. It must be nice if one owner suggest a customer check out another store.
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-10-2014, 06:37 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (4/100%)
It's a neat store for planted tank enthusiasts. The owner is a knowledgeable, nice guy who's very helpful if you have questions. The only thing is it's a very niche store. I don't feel like it's where your average aquarium shopper would go. It's on the more expensive side and they don't carry the basics like food, medicine, and other supplies. He also carries unique fish catered to the planted hobby.

Although, being a planted enthusiast myself, I love the place and hope it continues for a long time!
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-10-2014, 07:10 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (1/100%)
Ughhh!! I went to Seattle back in late august/early september. I specifically looked for some fish stores to visit. Wish this was around then!
Seattle was great. Fun city and Washington is beautiful.
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-10-2014, 07:51 AM
Algae Grower

I really need to visit these guys! Pictures of their shop just look amazing and from what I've read about them, they seem to stock some awesome fish. Their plant selection seems pretty impressive, too.

John
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-12-2014, 08:05 PM
Algae Grower

Can't wait to go! I wonder if he sells good CO2 gaskets....

10 gallon acrylic fw planted. 6 neon tetras, 1 GBR, 3 Amano shrimp, 2 nerites, 1 BNP, Eheim Classic 2211, Finnex Planted+ 17W LED, Hydor ETH 200W In-Line Heater, InkBird temp controller.

10 gallon aquaponic setup, hydroponic basil, 8 HET rasboras, RCS, red ramshorn snails.
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-14-2014, 03:29 AM

This shop is awesome. The owner is knowledgeable and willing to take time with a newbie and answer all of his never ending questions
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-14-2014, 04:12 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (64/100%)
Hi Mike368,

Sorry I missed you; I was there earlier today picking up one of the Horticulture Awards Program (HAP) annual awards that will be given out on Tuesday at our GSAS Christmas Party. I couldn't resist taking a few more photos.

The goods!

The goods II!

One of several display tanks in the shop with nice purple rasboras

and one of my favorite species

Roy_________

75 Gallon, 2X55W AH Supply CF 8800K, 1XFluval F&P 2.0; 45 Gallon Tall, 96Watt AH Supply CF 6700K; 30 Gallon Long; Fluval F&P 2.0; 20 Gallon, 1X26W AH Supply LED; all with CO2 and (Calcined) Montmorillonite Clay
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-19-2014, 06:16 PM

Thanks Roy! We are excited to bring Nature Aquariums to the Pacific Northwest! Just to let you guys know, we just got in a new shipment of ADA and other fine aquascaping products since Roy's post. We are fully stocked on rimless aquariums, lighting, great hardscaping materials including five kinds of stone and two kinds of wood, plants and much more. Our display aquariums are looking pretty nice too.

- Steve Waldron
owner of Aquarium Zen, Seattle
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-03-2015, 04:00 AM
Algae Grower

Favorite store in seattle

I too must chime in and say that Steve has been an amazing help getting me into the planted aquarium hobby. Incredibly nice store, great products, stocks mostly things you wouldn't find in the usual pet store. The fish selection is fantastic, you'll find many species not readily available elsewhere. I'm so excited to have this store around!!!
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-04-2015, 06:46 AM
Algae Grower

Send a message via AIM to PokeSephiroth Send a message via MSN to PokeSephiroth Send a message via Yahoo to PokeSephiroth Send a message via Skype™ to PokeSephiroth
Thanks for using my fisheye lens pictures in your main post, Roy!
Beautiful store!

Walked into a magical place, located north of Seattle. If you're a serious fish enthusiast who is past the neon colored gravel, plastic castles and want to step up your game with a more natural looking tank, then this is where you want to go. Steve is a wealth of knowledge, and he is more than wiling to share it with his customers, which is very much appreciated in this hobby. Tanks are beautifully set up and fish are all healthy.
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-02-2015, 06:04 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (11/100%)
Just wanted to give a thumbs up to this awesome store. We stopped by while visiting friends for the Seahawks game and I was really impressed. As nice if not nicer than Aqua Forest Aquarium in San Francisco. I've never seen more healthy plants in an LFS, and the selection of fish was amazing. And the owner was even understanding of our toddler who was all over the place.

Picked up four dwarf neon rainbows, four Odessa barbs and a double red Apistogramma for our planted tank and a sweet crown tail beta for my wife's work.

Great store, we'll definitely be back!
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-05-2015, 05:29 AM
Algae Grower

Wow, can't wait to find it and go.

AquaTop rimless 48 stocked with goldfish: small fantails, large R&W butterfly telescope and a fat tiger ST ryukin

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode