Seattle has finally arrived; we have a store with ADA products! - Page 2 - The Planted Tank Forum
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-11-2015, 09:11 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (25/100%)
I've been out of this hobby for a couple of years ever since I went overseas to study. Now that I'm moving to Seattle this is going to be one place I stop by at. I do miss all my shrimp tanks and I might miss my money once I hit this place up.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-13-2015, 03:20 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (64/100%)
Hi joshh,

Welcome to the great Northwest! When you have settled check our the Greater Seattle Aquarium Society (GSAS); one of the most active aquarium clubs in the country. The Big Annual Auction on Saturday April 18th; last spring over 550 items (tanks, lights, filters, fish, plants, shrimp) were sold in a little over 5 hours. In May, we are hosting a plant speaker - Kris Weinhold (AGA, GWAPA, Guitarfish website) - please attend as my guest. -Roy

Roy_________

75 Gallon, 2X55W AH Supply CF 8800K, 1XFluval F&P 2.0; 45 Gallon Tall, 96Watt AH Supply CF 6700K; 30 Gallon Long; Fluval F&P 2.0; 20 Gallon, 1X26W AH Supply LED; all with CO2 and (Calcined) Montmorillonite Clay
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-12-2015, 10:05 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Aquarium Zen

I love this shop. Definitely for the planted, aquascaping crowd. Super clean with beautiful, cruelty-free displays. Owner is pleasant and helpful.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (65.6 KB, 12 views)
Seattle_Aquarist likes this.

Avid designer, rookie traveler, champion sleeper.
Motivated by fun.

"Slow is stable, and stable is lasting".

post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 01:08 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)
I know this is an older post; but, I want to go to this Aquarium store!
I just stumbled on this little aquarium store while browsing the internet and got thinking I need to move to the state of Washington--- you are blessed with some of the best aquarium stores. @Seattle_Aquarist - Im sure you already now this.

Not only do they have a great selection of plants, they supposedly carry some of the more rare selections of fish.

Anyone want to give some tidbits of your experience at this store?

http://www.aquariumzen.net/

180 g. low tech w/ wild South American cichlids, corydoras eques, and African Congo riverine tetras.
60 g. low tech w/ F1 Alenquer pair /Stendker "Tefe" discus and wild Altum Angels
30 g. low tech w/ Wild Tucano tetras
30 g. low-tech African Biotope
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 01:16 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discusluv View Post
I know this is an older post; but, I want to go to this Aquarium store!
I just stumbled on this little aquarium store while browsing the internet and got thinking I need to move to the state of Washington--- you are blessed with some of the best aquarium stores. @Seattle_Aquarist - Im sure you already now this.

Not only do they have a great selection of plants, they supposedly carry some of the more rare selections of fish.

Anyone want to give some tidbits of your experience at this store?

Aquarium Zen

I have not visited any stores in the city, I avoid that place at all cost. Either drive thru it as fast as possible or go to the shipyard when required by work and thats about it. There is a huge lack of fish stores in the surrounding areas atleast to the north.

That being said Im sure its a nice store but be ready to pay top dollar plus some. Im sure the rent on that place is 4 or 5 normal mortgages. WA has some nice scenery and coast line but its very populated and you need a lawyer to interpret the laws around here. I wont go into the politics of this state but if you like southern CA (Sacramento down) and its government then you will like Seattle.
post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 01:43 AM
Planted Tank Guru

Yeah, Im the opposite. I love the city. I certainly wouldn't stay away from it. The arts, the multi-culturalism, the food, the diversity...
I thrive on that.

I will not speak of politics: but, if the government is anything like my home- I basically live in a suburb of Sacramento, Ca.- I will be very happy there.

180 g. low tech w/ wild South American cichlids, corydoras eques, and African Congo riverine tetras.
60 g. low tech w/ F1 Alenquer pair /Stendker "Tefe" discus and wild Altum Angels
post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 03:06 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Hi @Discusluv,

Yes, this is an old thread. Aquarium Zen was started by a Greater Seattle Aquarium Society (GSAS) member as is as nice as you see in the pictures. The store is small but well stocked with ADA products, aquascaping stones, and of course plants and fish. Yes, he does carry some of the more 'exotic' species of fish and plants.

About two years ago a second ADA shop opened in Bellevue, WA (east of downtown across Lake Washington). It is also a small shop, carries exclusively ADA products, and is owned and operated by Fiona Tu, an internationally ranked aquascaper. Make the trek north and be my guest at one of our GSAS meetings with a national or international speaker; second Tuesday of the month September through June.
Discusluv likes this.

Roy_________

75 Gallon, 2X55W AH Supply CF 8800K, 1XFluval F&P 2.0; 45 Gallon Tall, 96Watt AH Supply CF 6700K; 30 Gallon Long; Fluval F&P 2.0; 20 Gallon, 1X26W AH Supply LED; all with CO2 and (Calcined) Montmorillonite Clay
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 03:30 AM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle_Aquarist View Post
Hi @Discusluv,

Yes, this is an old thread. Aquarium Zen was started by a Greater Seattle Aquarium Society (GSAS) member as is as nice as you see in the pictures. The store is small but well stocked with ADA products, aquascaping stones, and of course plants and fish. Yes, he does carry some of the more 'exotic' species of fish and plants.

About two years ago a second ADA shop opened in Bellevue, WA (east of downtown across Lake Washington). It is also a small shop, carries exclusively ADA products, and is owned and operated by Fiona Tu, an internationally ranked aquascaper. Make the trek north and be my guest at one of our GSAS meetings with a national or international speaker; second Tuesday of the month September through June.
I would love that. Maybe sometime soon. Thanks
Seattle_Aquarist likes this.

post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 04:52 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discusluv View Post
I would love that. Maybe sometime soon. Thanks
@Discusluv, If you make the trek north, stop in Portland on the way home and visit the Wet Spot, it is a great store with an astounding assortment of fish! Bring a cooler 'cause I guarantee that you can't leave there empty handed!
Ken Keating1 and Discusluv like this.

Roy_________

post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 05:36 AM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle_Aquarist View Post
@Discusluv, If you make the trek north, stop in Portland on the way home and visit the Wet Spot, it is a great store with an astounding assortment of fish! Bring a cooler 'cause I guarantee that you can't leave there empty handed!
I already know about Wetspot ( thumbs up). I have ordered from them at least a dozen times. Excellent stock.
Ken Keating1 likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode