The Planted Tank Forum banner

GSAS Big Annual Aquarium Auction - Saturday - April 16

1K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Da Plant Man 
#1 ·
The Greater Seattle Aquarium Society (your local aquarium club since 1971) is having its B-I-G Annual Auction!!

There will be new and used equipment (plants/fish/substrate/lights/filters/tanks/ stands/etc) mostly freshwater but marine folk can score great deals too. For example there is an Ozone generator and 36 watt UV light in this year's auction. Most of the plants and fish available will be locally grown: corys, killies, cichlids, gouramis, koi, crypts, swords, etc (No plants off the “do not sell” list)

You must be a member to sell; everyone can buy: cash or personal checks please

Our auction will be held at the Seattle Pacific University Gymnasium Falcon Lounge which is at the intersection of West Nickerson and 3rd Avenue West on the Second Floor

No admission charge, accessible, family friendly (but no furry/feathered pets please), free parking

Saturday April 16th starts at 11:00 until ??; Check-in starts at 10:00; early check out available

The money raised helps GSAS bring world class speakers to our community for our free lecture series which are presented at our regular meetings on the second Tuesday of the month. In the last year we have offered lectures by Ad Konings, Karen Randall, Tom Barr, and Dick Au just to name a few. Our next speaker will be Gary Lange on May 9th with a presentation on Australian and New Guinea Rainbowfish.

We are generously sponsored by many of the local fish stores and numerous aquarium supply manufacturers.

See our web page at GSAS.org for more information.

See less See more
#3 ·
When Does Auction Start

You have indicated 11am, but check in at 10am - is that the same a preview? When does actual bidding start? I am trying to time all this as well as be back in Shoreline for my kid's basketball game.

It's been a long while since I been to one of the auction (last time was when it was held at the old Seattle Aquarium and I believe that year there was a fire - so it's been very long).

Thanks for the verification.

#6 ·
Hi caton,

I hope you can make it for Gary Lange's lecture in May....it should be great!

BTW folks, just three (3) days until the Big Annual GSAS Auction! Here are some of the items going on "the block"!

Fluval Filter

Eheim Filter

Marineland Filter

36 Watt UV

#7 ·
Hi All,

Picture this.....110 fish geeks whipped into a buying frenzy and placed in a room with over 800 items ranging from filters, to killies, to rare cichlids, to 125 gallon aquariums. The carnage was awesome! Our best GSAS auction ever; hopefully enough to bring in an international speaker for next year!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.