Anyone selling dwarf shrimps in WA such as CRS, Taiwan bees etc? - The Planted Tank Forum
 5Likes
  • 2 Post By WaterLife
  • 2 Post By Ebi-sama
  • 2 Post By WaterLife
  • 4 Post By Seattle_Aquarist

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-17-2016, 12:32 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Anyone selling dwarf shrimps in WA such as CRS, Taiwan bees etc?

Hi, I was curious to know if anyone local to the Seattle area is selling any dwarf shrimps such as crystal red shrimps, PRL's, Taiwan bees, etc? If so, drop me a PM!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-08-2016, 05:44 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)
Check out aquarium zen on NE 64th street. They sell several types of dwarf shrimp. Also an ADA retailer, but not huge.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-08-2016, 06:08 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (6/100%)
Midway Tropical Fish and Pets in Kent (more like Des Moines) has various Caridina shrimp. Widest selection that I've seen in WA. Been awhile since I been in Aquarium Zen, but if I remember correctly they are mainly Neos and not many color variants to choose from.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-10-2016, 05:37 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterLife View Post
Midway Tropical Fish and Pets in Kent (more like Des Moines) has various Caridina shrimp. Widest selection that I've seen in WA. Been awhile since I been in Aquarium Zen, but if I remember correctly they are mainly Neos and not many color variants to choose from.

True, I been to aquarium zen, but not midway yet. Last time I called midway, I believed he had a few variations of different neos and standard CRS coming in.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-11-2016, 12:17 AM
Planted Tank Guru

Yeah, for Caridina they are mainly just CRS/CBS. Might have seen some Pandas and Fancy Tigers once in awhile. Not really any of the other Taiwan Bees though. But they do get in various Sulawesi shrimp which is great, since others species besides Caridina dennerli (Cardinal shrimp) are pretty rare to come across.

Best to just order from someone online though as local selection is limited and store retail price is higher than what you can get them directly from hobbyist and importers for.
Ebi-sama and Ebi-sama like this.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-11-2016, 08:21 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterLife View Post
Yeah, for Caridina they are mainly just CRS/CBS. Might have seen some Pandas and Fancy Tigers once in awhile. Not really any of the other Taiwan Bees though. But they do get in various Sulawesi shrimp which is great, since others species besides Caridina dennerli (Cardinal shrimp) are pretty rare to come across.

Best to just order from someone online though as local selection is limited and store retail price is higher than what you can get them directly from hobbyist and importers for.
Yeah, pretty much. I been ordering most of the time, sometimes the local convenience to pick up the same day is nice.. hopefully maybe someday the niche hobby will get popular enough to the locals. I been trying to link up retailers with some of the breeders and wholesalers.. so maybe we'll see more variations at a decent price. Overnight shipping is kind of a lot especially if you want to buy just like 3-4 cheap shrimps.
WaterLife and WaterLife like this.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-11-2016, 10:43 PM
Planted Tank Guru

I met some members of the GSAS club (Greater Seattle Aquarium Society) and they mentioned some other members bred shrimps. I know some definitely have Neos and Crystal shrimp, but not sure about Taiwan Bees and Tigers.

Maybe @Seattle_Aquarist knows if any GSAS members does keep quite a few different shrimp types?
Ebi-sama and Ebi-sama like this.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-12-2016, 12:42 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (65/100%)
Hi Ebi-sama,

Welcome to TPT!

Hey there @WaterLife! GSAS has their annual big plant, fish, invertebrate auction coming up on Monday - there may be some shrimp there. I know for sure that there will be a lot of plants, some considered 'rare'. We do have several members that raise various species of shrimp. I know that there are members that have raised Tigers, Blue Pearl shrimp, Red Cherry Shrimp, Blue Velvet Shrimp, Crystal Red Shrimp, Yellow Shrimp, Orange Shrimp, Tangerine Tiger Shrimp, Blue Pearl Shrimp, and Malawa Shrimp in the last three (3) years. Hope this helps!

Roy_________
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

75 Gallon, 2X55W AH Supply CF 8800K, 1X 59W Fluval Plant (3.0); 45 Gallon Tall, 1X 46W Fluval Plant (3.0); 30 Gallon Long; Fluval F&P 2.0; 20 Gallon, 1X26W AH Supply LED; all with CO2 & (Calcined) Montmorillonite Clay

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode